Friday, August 27, 2010

Celebrate Everything~

Waechtersbach Plate, You Are Special Today, Cherry Red

When I was a young mom starting out I starting reading books written by Emilie Barnes. I just love her to the moon and back. I look forward to meeting her one day if not here on the other side. One of the things   I took from her and claimed as my own is to make everyday a celebration. Why not? Life is for living and in living there is always something to celebrate.

Celebrate everything~good days, bad days that are finally over, birthdays, and even non~birthdays.  Make it special!  My family teases me about this ~almost every night during our blessing. It goes like this, "Thank you dear God for this celebration of chili or beans and once in awhile a really good meal of steak."

When my kids were small I would attend "MOPS." It was here I first learned about the "Special Red Plate" ~oh I wanted one so bad. I looked high and low and could never find one. Several years back I found one at the Goodwill. I bought it for $1.00. I was so thrilled. I just looked it up on Amazon and found out you can buy it new for $33.00 or used for $27.00. Seems like I got a good deal. After looking for one for years~ mine is priceless. So if you happen to see one you best pick it up!  It does make special days more fun when you get the "Special  Red Plate."



Look for ways to celebrate  life and those you love today! I bet if you look you can find a millions reasons.


Psalm 107:1 (King James V 1O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.


I am off to celebrate today with Miss Billie~you have a blessed Friday!



                    ****************************************************************
Photo~Hannah Bell
The Optimist
~author unknown~
There is a story of identical twins. One was a hope-filled optimist. “Everything is coming up roses!” he would say. The other twin was a sad and hopeless pessimist. He thought that Murphy, as in Murphy’s Law, was an optimist. The worried parents of the boys brought them to the local psychologist.
He suggested to the parents a plan to balance the twins” personalities. “On their next birthday, put them in separate rooms to open their gifts. Give the pessimist the best toys you can afford, and give the optimist a box of manure.” The parents followed these instructions and carefully observed the results.
When they peeked in on the pessimist, they heard him audibly complaining, “I don’t like the color of this computer . . I’ll bet this calculator will break . . . I don’t like the game . . . I know someone who’s got a bigger toy car than this . . .”
Tiptoeing across the corridor, the parents peeked in and saw their little optimist gleefully throwing the manure up in the air. He was giggling. “You can’t fool me! Where there’s this much manure, there’s gotta be a pony!”

12 comments:

Barbara said...

Yeah I like that , Celebrate everything, great way to start your day, celebrate your life, amen, thank God you woke up. Hugs and blessings

Bluerose said...

I LOVE Emilie Barnes books! Well, I've only got 3 of them, but I love them. :)

Patty said...

I hope you have a great day with Miss Billie. Blessings.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Thanks love this...I can tell we are near the same age because I went through those books also and remember when the special plates came out...thanks so much for the reminder....I will celebrate with my kids tonight our second week of home schooling is finished, we are on our way!!!

Treasures Evermore said...

I too enjoy reading Emilie Barnes...our plate is purple and so fun for the child on their special day.

Have a blessed weekend.

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
PRICELESS posts!!!!!!! I loved them!!! I too have read about Emilie's red plate and have looked (not found one at Goodwill yet!...love Goodwill!) so I thank you so much for the Amazon tip!! I plan to get one ordered and then I'm sure I'll come across one dirt cheap! HA!
My fam will love getting the red plate at a meal!!
Hoping you have a great Missouri weekend!! R and I are planning a quick trip to Branson for Saturday night!! Won't get caught up on housework/laundry/chores but I have a feeling they will be there for me on Sunday night!!
Love,
T

HOPE said...

I HAVE THIS PLATE too!!! Use it for every possible Celebration!! Everyone knows it's a SPECIAL day when they see the RED PLATE on the table..could even be a very simple..I LOVE YOU day.

Cute pony story...mmm? we have two SETS of twins in our family!!!

Blessings..
HOPE

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

What a beautiful perspective Carrie. I have heard of the red plate but never seen one down under. I'm just celebrating my find at a wonderful garage sale - a food processor for $5, hardly used - I needed a new one. And a beautiful vintage cross stitched linen tablecloth for $2. And it was raising funds for Cambodia - love that my money was going to missions. I'm going to continue celebrating and use my find by making a big pot of leek and potato soup for supper tonight.
Have a beautiful weekend.

MyJourneyBack said...

Oh thanks for this reminder. I love Mrs. Barnes books too. They are all packed away right now but someday soon I'll get to them out. I especially like the daily devo's. Thanks for this reminder especially about the red plate. I am doing a sort of MOP's group at our apartment complex. These are very low income mom's that wouldn't be able to join a group. I appreciate any help I can get to share with them about how to be a Godly woman and mother. Your post today helped. Thanks for sharing it.
Have a great weekend,
Sherry

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Isn't that just like our God to give us even the smallest desires of our hearts. I love this red plate, but I love the story you shared even more!

Mrs.C said...

Carrie, our pastor used this story this morning at the end of his sermon. I love this, such a good lesson in this story! Thanks for sharing it!

Mrs.C said...

Oops, I also forgot to mention, I love hearing about the good deals you find. I can relate, I find so many things for a fraction of the cost, either something I've admired & wanted, and even clothes that one of us are needing, God always provides these little or big things in the most unusual ways.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details