Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cheesy Sausage Stromboli


Bread~
5 cups of flour
2 Tb sugar
2 Ts salt
2 Tb yeast
1 1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
2 Ts warm butter

In large bowl combine~ flour, sugar, salt yeast.
Add butter, milk and water.  Mix together on low~ I use my mix aid.
If you have a mix aid knead until you have a soft dough. If you knead by hand~turn onto a well floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
Cover and let rise until it doubles in size ~about an hour.

Filling~
2 pounds of pork sausage~I use turkey sausage.
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
1 TS fresh basil or 1/4 dried
2 Tb grated Parmesan cheese

While your bread is rising~ Cook sausage and then add mozzarella, eggs, and then set aside until your dough is ready.

  Cut your dough into 2 halves. Roll out your dough in a long oval shape as you would a french loaf.
Fill with 1/2 of sausage mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Roll up as you would a long loaf of bread.  This make 2 big loaves.

Bake at 375 for about 20 -25 minutes.





3 comments:

Heather~The Finicky Frog said...

This post called for a, "Honey, come look at this!" Thought for a minute I was gonna have to wipe the drool off his chin. We'll definitely have to put this on the menu.
God Bless Ya!

Treasures Evermore said...

Stromboli, is one thing I have never tried before. After reading your recipe, I think this is manageable for me lol.

Thanks again for sharing.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

I am going to just camp out at your blog and make my menu for next week...it has been years since I made this...looks wonderful...what a cook you are!!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details