Thursday, August 26, 2010

Homemade Peach Tea~





  

Yesterday~ my sister and her children came for a visit so my Hannah and I cooked up a treat for their visit. I should have taken a picture~ dog gone it!  We made this tea and it was oh so good! My Hannah whipped up some Heavenly Chocolate Chip Cookies ~they were oh so good too.


Homemade Peach Tea
Ingredients~
8 tea bags 
1 fresh peach
1 cup of sugar 
water and ice

First, you have to bring a pot of water to a boil and then put in your 8  tea bags ~ just like you would when your making a regular pitcher of delicious tea. Pour tea into a gallon container.

 Cut a fresh peach into slices then put the slices in your pot on the stove. Add 1 cup of sugar and cook on medium heat. You need to stir constantly to keep from burning. Cook until you have a syrup consistency. Add the syrup to the tea and finish filling the  gallon container with water. Add ice and oh this is so yummy!







  • World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies






  • INSTRUCTIONS

    Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cream: Butter Flavor Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Blend until creamy. Blend in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture, gradually. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 3" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (will appear light and moist - DO NOT OVER BAKE)




    3 comments:

    Down On The Farm said...

    I so wish I could have been a little birdie looking in yesterday at your beautiful family. I am certain you had a great time just a visitin' away! And I know your food was de-licious :)! Have a blessed day, and enjoy this cooler weather while it lasts. I love your reminder "28 days til fall!" HOORAY!!!!!

    HOPE said...

    Carrie...you just have to know that PEACH anything is my favorite. I LOVE this recipe and must try it tomorrow!! I purchase PEACH teas all the time...

    Blessings to you!!
    HOPE

    Treasures Evermore said...

    Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Thank you again for sharing such wonderful looking recipes. Will need to try this time...and with a few peaches left on my tree, I will have to try the tea.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Pages

    Cookies~

    We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

    features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

    your use of our site with our social media, advertising

    and analytics partners. See details