Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It Will Never All Be Done~




I am sitting here in my freshly organized school room. I already have my desk piled high with new projects needing attention. Have you ever just wished you could get finished with all those task and chores? On some days I have it all done at the same time but that does not happen very often. I think I have it all done and a teenage boy I know will bring me down a mountain of dirty clothes. Now mind you~ I probably asked him for his clothes early that morning when I started my day. It is amazing what appears when he is forced to deep clean his room.

 I think we just need to be comfortable with never getting it all done. Ouch~did I say that?  (My Girly in Washington ~I do not want to hear one word from your cute little lips! Or any other loving family member reading this today!)

I want to let you in on a secret. If your goal is to create a welcoming haven that offers peace and beauty ~ your work will never be done. " A man's work is from sun to sun but a woman's work is never done."~as my Grandma Baker would say.  It is always going to be a work in progress. I have been re-examining ~let's talk about how to make this work.

First ~we must be willing to change our home as needs and priority's change. Get rid of things that no longer work for you or your family.  The past few weeks I have emptied out my kitchen and basement. I am planning a garage sale. I have emptied out my schoolroom this week with a few tears. After 19 years of homeschooling it is time to get rid of a lot of books, curriculum and things we no longer need. My baby is entering his first year of high school and his 3rd older sister is entering her first year of college. It was time to clean house so to speak.

Always be on the look out for ideas that will make your home more comfortable, relaxing but usable. Our family is ever changing. It seems here lately the changes are a daily event. Therefore~ our home should reflect the changes too.


Philippians 1:6 (King James Version)


 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

As we welcome each new chapter and phase in our lives we must never forget that it will never be all done~so today maybe we should just be comfortable in that fact.  It does not all have to be perfect -or even finished.

By all means keep dreaming and creating. And enjoy the process of watching dreams come true!



11 comments:

Barbara said...

Amen, you got that right, now just stick to it, hugs and blessings Barbara

Patty said...

How true ~ it will never all get done. May God give us help to do the work He has given us well.

Tina G said...

I told myself years ago (raising and homeschooling 7 children) that it will never all get done. Although I only have two children at home now (both are adults) I still can't seem to find the time! :-)
I've been doing the same thing this past few days..cleaning out,re-organizing and getting things ready for a mega yard sale! Can't wait to get it all out of my house! :-)
Have a blessed day!

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie...
OH HOW TRUE!!! I'm a list maker...and just when the list is just about crossed off, I have added more to it!! I like your Grandma's saying! HA!
Wow..I didn't know you had 3 baby girls and a boy!! Me too!! Where is your third girly??? How fun!!!

April said...

I have reorganized, but find it hard to get rid of items--every time I do, I find I need them! I got rid of school items we outgrew, then found myself helping to school some preschoolers and a younger cousin...had to go out and buy what I just sold...Oh well!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

So true Carrie - my laundry baskets are never empty and if they are they are always refilled! Same goes for the nappies/diapers! And living with renovations in progress - so much patience is needed. I want everything finished so I can 'dress the room' but my husband has only so much time in the evenings and on weekends.
I'm sure your garage sale will bless lots of people who will find exactly the item that they need, maybe books or homeschool curriculum. I would be thrilled to come across a garage sale of a homeschooling family!
One thing I am grateful for is that my older teens do their own laundry - as they have milking jobs and double sets of clothing if I had to do it all it would be a full time occupation! So remind Caleb that he is very blessed to have his mom ready to take his laundry!

Michelle said...

Carrie,

Thank you for this wonderful post. It was beautiful, and just what I needed to hear. I often think I've got it all done, only to have the mountain of laundry re-appear out of nowhere. I love the quotes, and it is nice to get perspective on this, as you are right, it will never really be all done. I am entering my 6th year of homeschooling, and I just need to be at peace, and do the best I can, decrease the feeling of being overwhelmed by realizing that it will never all be done, and that can be a good thing.
Blessings!
Michelle

HOPE said...

our work is never done...isn't it wonderful to know how USEFUL us mom's and wives are!!!

It's so true..to languish on never finishing is a total waste of energy. Instead focus on what is really important each day...OUR HOMES.

What an HONOR to be a homemaker and servant of the LORD in the capacity he wants us to fulfil!

Keep up the good work Carrie!!

HOPE

Lynn said...

This is so true! Truer than true! I have spent the past two days rearranging my entire house. Dejunking, reorganizing. My husband asked if I was just doing what I had already done before.....

And I said, "it's never done."

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I can relate! Seems work around here is never done. The laundry basket is always full after doing 5 loads! Love that quote. And I hope I live up to it as well! Enjoy!

Camille said...

Such an encouraging post Carrie! I have been reading through your posts (above) and came across this one. Thank you for sharing you heart and your home with us...you are a blessing!

Have a wonderful day!
In Him,
Camille

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details