Saturday, August 21, 2010

Triple Batch Pumpkin Bread~




At our home when school schedules pick up and my men drag out the hunting equipment you know Autumn is just around the corner. This morning my men are headed off to our church Annual Bow Shoot. I have signed up to send a breakfast type bread. ~With cooler temperatures the past week I have been thinking about Pumpkin Bread. I always make my sister's recipe( I couldn't find it anywhere) but she will wring my neck if I wake her household up at 6 in the morning so I went searching and I found this recipe. I like to make extra. Pumpkin bread freezes so well. Thought maybe I would share.


 Have a blessed Saturday!
  


Triple Batch Pumpkin Bread~Enjoy

1 1/2 c. salad oil
6 eggs, slightly beaten
1 lg. can pumpkin (29 oz.-3 c.)
4 1/2 c. sugar or 4. c. honey or fruit sweetener

3 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking powder
2 1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
5 c. flour (3 white, 2 wheat)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour choice of pan. Mix dry ingredients together. Sift into another bowl and then back again so that they are sifted twice. Add sifted dry ingredients to egg mixture a cup at a time and stir well being careful that there are no lumps. Immediately pour into pans and put into oven. Bake according to the following lengths of time:1. 9x13" cake pan - 50 to 60 minutes.
2. 3 loaf pans - 45 to 55 minutes.
3. Bundt pan - 45 to 55 minutes.
4. Muffin pans - 20 minutes.
CHECK FOR DONENESS
Cool on wire racks then wrap tightly to keep. Freezes excellently.


10 comments:

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Oh, pumpkin bread!! Fall is on it's way!

Blessings!
Gail

christschild said...

Oh my....I am so excited!!! I LOVE Fall. I wish we had cooler temps here. But I know that first mornin I wake up and it's chilly enough to put a sweater on...Oh how happy I'll be. I can't wait to make some pumpkin bread. I wish I would've tried to grow some pumpkins. I think it's too late though. Next Fall for sure:)
Hope you have a very blessed weekend:)
Elizabeth

Sue said...

Oh it's that time of the year and I LOVE it!!

This looks like a great recipe to try. I'm getting my new kitchen measured today just in time for fall cooking!

Patty said...

Thanks for sharing. What a sweet pumpkin.

Horse Filled Days said...

Nothing says fall like Pumpkin bread! I adore it, and probably could eat it every day. I love trying new recipes, so my next pumpkin bread will have to be your recipe, thanks!

http://horsefilleddays.blogspot.com/

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
How cute is that picture!!!!!!!! Adorable!! It hit me today....I Love Fall!! As sad as I am to see summer leaving (very sad!) I do enjoy fall...smells, colors, decor, etc. BUT I can't say I enjoy winter much!! Pumpkin bread sounds delicious!!! Going to try this recipe, BUT if you get your sister's and it's still your fav...please pass on! :0)
Did my shopping today and now get to be at home? How is your weekend shaping up?

american girl primitives said...

I'm going to be trying this for sure, I love Pumpkin bread!

Carey

Treasures Evermore said...

Oh how our family loves Pumpking bread...Autumn must be in the air. Will be trying your recipe.

I made your Zucchini Oatmeal cake...what a hit it was...I baked it in a 9X13 pan...and made cream cheese icing...it was SO delicious.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful recipes with us.

Barbara said...

WOW fall is here indeed, an that looks real good, will try it for sure, hugs and blessings Barbar

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Loved the picture of your little pumpkin Carrie, and I bet your home smelled heavenly with the pumpkin bread baking, I guess you can tell I am looking forward to fall too.lol. thanks for sharing
Hugs,
Sue

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details