Monday, August 30, 2010

Yes~Jesus Loves Me ~The Bible Tells Me So






Yesterday our church had a carnival for all our church children. Our church has a large bus ministry~ we bus in children from all over the city. It was a very busy day. We had over 300 children in attendance. We had horse rides, train rides, cotton candy and all the fun things that goes along with a church carnival. I faced painted little sweaty faces~it was really hot! 


Our Sunday School Class had many new visitors. Among one of those was a little girl as cute as a button. She was only three but was certain she needed to stay with her older brother. It was her first time so we thought that would be just fine.  She wore the prettiest pink and green dress with her hair pulled up on top her head in a little bobby bun. She seemed as shy as she was cute. My Brian ~who happens to be the greatest story teller ever~started the lesson of David and Goliath. He stands up on the chair to show them just how big the mean old giant really was. As the lesson begins he yells out  the words Goliath repeatedly yelled at the Israelite army day after day. My Brian asked the children, "Just what would you do about the mean giant?"  To which the sweet ~adorably shy little girl screams out, "I'd kick him in the butt." Oh my did we have a good laugh!  It was a fun day for sure. 
It was a wild day ~ I am sure we might have an extra jewel in our crown just for yesterday. 



Matthew 19:14 (King James Version)


 14But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.


There were so many children I did not make it out of that class. I was needed to help with the junior church time. In that class was a little guy about 5 with a big attitude. He wanted to go home and was throwing quite a temper fit. So I took him by the hand and we went for a walk to see the carnival that was waiting for church to get over. I explained that going home meant that he would miss this great fun. He no longer wanted to go home and sat in the class ~taking part for the rest of the time. He became my friend and we finished listening to the story of Jonah and the great fish together. I pray that Noah will one day give his life to Jesus. Who knows what lives we may have touched yesterday~maybe a Billie Sunday was in our crowd!


You know it cost our church a lot of money, energy and time to invest in these children. Keeping five church buses running, insured and full of gas is costly. It takes materials, time preparing and visiting these children. Mostly it takes love. I am so thankful for this bus ministry. Why~because 39 years ago when I was five  someone loved me enough to come pick me up on a bus. It forever changed my life~ Praise God. I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and all because someone cared enough to invest in me. 


Thank you Bus Workers~you are my heros!~



Jesus loves me, this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak but He is strong. 
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me. 
The Bible tells me so.


Celebrate the fact that God loves you today!  






8 comments:

Janet said...

Carrie you sure bring lifes beauty to your blogs! The Lord has you to Inspire many many people...
Love~Janet oxo

Barbara said...

Yes indeed, and Jesus loves even me, lots of hugs and have a blessed day.

Sue said...

That is so sweet! Aren't kids just the best:)

Have a blessed day!!

Mrs.C said...

What a precious post! You have such a big love for Jesus, it shows in all you do, how wonderful for those children!

Patty said...

Precious. God bless.

Tanya said...

Carrie,
That was the sweetest, most uplifting story to read on a MONDAY!!! Those little children who appear to have so little....truly give so much!! You were a light to that little boy to encourage and love him enough that he wanted to stay.
Have a great evening!
Love,
T

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

The church we used to attend when we lived in NZ had a bus ministry and a whole team of people to help out. We also had a care ministry to the local community on one Sunday each month - following a short time of worship and prayer we would head out in teams to visit the sick, hold services in rest homes and even go into the homes of local people who had requested help with their gardens or housework. You could choose which ministry you wanted to be involved with. We built relationships with people in our town and people did come to know Jesus.
I thank the Lord that there are still churches that choose to go out onto the streets.
My husband came to the Lord at the beach! He and his friend were 18 years old and accepted the offer of a free cup of coffee from the team of people running the beach mission. He was challenged with the gospel message and gave his life to the Lord there and then in the tent and turned away from his 'party hard' life.
I am sure that your church's bus ministry will bring forth much fruit. It is amazing how many people remember the time they were taken to church as a child and can recall the words that were spoken to them and the kindness of the people they met. So encouraging to read your post today Carrie!

christschild said...

Thanks for posting...this was beautiful:) I'm very thankful that God loves me and always will! What an Mighty God we serve:)
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details