Thursday, September 9, 2010

Applesauce Bars~


  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 cup golden raisins

  • Beat sugar, applesauce and oil until blended. In a small bowl~combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves. Gradually beat in sugar mixture until blended. Stir in raisins.

Put in 9x 13 pan ~that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 

  • GLAZE:
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
Mix together to the consistency you like~

5 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

These look YUMMY!!! I love all things fall, and these are definitely FALL!!!

Eileen @ My Evergreen Place said...

I will definitely be trying these Carrie. I like recipes that contain some kind of apple and so does my family. Thanks!

Brandea Allen said...

I just love reading your blog! I am very excited about trying some of your recipes. God Bless!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

These sound yummy!

Stacey said...

This recipe sounds so yummy, I hope you don't mind if I share it with my MOPS group.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details