Thursday, October 28, 2010

Scents Of The Season~ Bath Salt Recipe ~Frugal Gift Idea



Scents of The Season Bath Salt Recipe~

3 packages of flavored Kool-Aid ( w/o sugar)
3 quart container of Epsom salt
Essential Oil ~optional ~add to salt for the white layer


If layering ~split the container up into three different bowls and use a different color/scent for each layer.  I left one layer white and added some scent. 
I found all my ingredients at the $ Store except for my essential oil but that can be bought there too. I thought the sugar shaker would be good to shake the salt out into the bath water. 


I am making a cranberry~ orange one for Christmas.  I think strawberry ~lime would be nice too!  The possibilities are endless. 


You can seal your jar with warm paraffin or put in a bottle with a cork to keep the colors from moving. Add a bow and a cute tag and what a frugal gift homemade from the heart!

9 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Thanks...I did this years ago, but haven't made it in awhile..this would be fun!

~Joan said...

Does the Kool Aid stain one's skin?? I think a red one would.

Tanya said...

That is adorable!! You are amazingly crafty! WOW...I love the sugar shaker idea! I have got to get going on some "special" gifts such as these! Do you know what wonderful therapy that would be to make these! :0)
Thanks for the sweet sweet note. I truly appreciate and treasure knowing you are praying. What comfort to know this.
Have a wonderful Thursday!

Sue said...

Who would have thought of using cool-aid Carrie what a neat idea and so pretty, I love the way you packaged them. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue

Janet said...

What a great idea. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings
Janet

Barbara said...

Such neat ideas sister, thank you for sharing this with us, I would like to make some for Christmas presents, hugs my friend

Aliene said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am making Christmas gifts. This will be ideal.

Eileen @ My Evergreen Place said...

I really like this idea, Carrie! It would make a really nice gift for my daughters. :0)

My Bright Corner said...

Sorry I keep leaving comments but I didn't want to send another email and not have it reach you. Thanks for supplying your address. Would you like to choose a set from my shop? Or would you prefer me to pick one out for you and you be surprised?

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details