Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Speak Life Into Your World Today~



Proverbs 18:21 (King James Version)


 21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.


When God created the world~and I believe that He did! He spoke the world into existence. He used His mighty voice to speak the heavens and earth into orbit. 


Psalm 33:6 (King James Version)


 6By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

When God created mankind in His own image~He gave us that same powerful tool. Now we are not God and can't speak the world into orbit but we still have much power in our tongue. Our words have creative potential. They can encourage or they can destroy. They can bring laughter to a child's face, they can encourage a discouraged person, they can fan a flame into a friend's dying dream, they can cheer our brothers and sisters in Christ as they struggle to fight the good fight. They can bring the message of hope that Jesus saves to a lost and dying world. 

Words are so powerful~God entrusted them to us. Don't throw them around as a fool! Don't use them to back bite, gossip or point out other's faults! God gave us a beautiful gift to be used to bring life not death. Will the words out of your mouth today be used to to encourage or discourage? 

I want to speak life into my little world today ~how about you?

5 comments:

odiie said...

How timely. We were just studying this in our homeschool. Must be something I need to hear. Thank you.

Mrs.C said...

Yes Ms. Carrie, I do want to be sure my words speak life. I regret any memories of times where my tongue was not tame, so thankful it's been forgiven and removed, and never to be remembered again, by my Lord.

I thanked God this morning for you, and your encouraging blog! (Hours before reading this post.) Thank you for being a sister of encouragement!!! I do hope you are feeling better today.

Aliene said...

Yes, our words are powerful. I always try to remember to Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable unto my Savior. Thanks for a positive note today.

christschild said...

Great post and great reminder. I want my words to be what God would want them to be. Hope you have a blessed day. I'm enjoying the rainy day here:)
Blessings,
Elizabeth

HOPE said...

Just today I posted on my breast cancer blog...WORDS that I hope would touch hearts in two ways..this life and the life to come.

I remember in my days as a new Christian..wanting so much to protect my mouth and thoughts that I posted James chapter 3 by my telephone!

Thanks for a great post..
HOPE

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details