Friday, November 22, 2013

Fabulous Friday's Question of the Day~ Are You Becoming Tough Or Tender?





Pastor Gary Williams  often said, "As we grow older~we tend to grow self absorbed." What is self-absorbed? Well it is just plain old being wrapped up in self~selfish.  Oh~I don't want to be like this!


Jesus served others. I want to be a servant. This old world has a way of making us tough instead of tender. Maybe it is time to do a reality check~ Am I becoming more tough around the edges rather than tender?   I think the true test would be to listen to the words that come out of our mouth today. 

  Jesus wants his disciples to be servants. When He was training his 12 disciples they were of some notion that being His followers would make them great.  Yet~ Jesus quickly set them straight. He makes it real clear ~they were to become servants. 

Mark 10:42-43 

 42But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
 43But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:


He was training them to serve others~



Mark 10:44


 44And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.


If Jesus Christ~ the Son of God~ taught his disciples not only by words but deed that we are to serve others~ what makes me think I am not to be a servant too?
What are you going to do today to be a servant to those that are in your path?

Vintage Monograms


This my prayer for today!


Make me a servant
Humble and meek
LORD let me lift up those who are weak
And may the prayer of my heart
Always be
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant...to-day.

13 comments:

autumn said...

Wonderful post!!

The Preacher's Wife said...

Well put! What a wonderful world this would be if we would all serve our Lord doing for others.
Thanks for the post.

odiie said...

When visiting the nursing home, some of the people there seen so crabby and mean, while others are kind. You can see it in their faces. My theory is that as you get older you don't bother to check your words and just let them fly. "From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." I want my heart to have abundant love.

Maria said...

Thank you! I needed this today!

Barbara said...

Oh Carrie this is such a wonderful reminder, I love the song a Servant's Heart, and I sure want to be a servant for God, like Christ touching lives in my pathway, and making them better for knowing me, and I hope I do not get in his way ever, if so I pray he remove me, hugs my friend, and I really enjoyed this post. Love you, Barbara

Aliene said...

I want to be a servant and serve others. To make a difference in someone's life. May we lose ourselves and find it Lord, in Thee. May all self be slain and others see only Thee. Thanks for a good post.

mommyx12 said...

I definitely see truth in the statement your pastor made. I see it my own life and have to make sure I guard against it. I think one of the reasons, at least for me is that when our children get older and are more capable that leaves us doing less but needing to still do something. And sometimes that is when it can happen. We do for ourselves instead of others and slowly that can grow into a poison. My youngest is 4 and I am seeing a part of life I haven't seen in years!! Of course I still have many children at home but there are windows of time where I peel off into my own world. So yes, I can see how it can happen if we are not on our guard! Great post.

Life In a Little House said...

Great Prayer...and wonderful words thanks for sharing Love Heather :-)

Janet said...

What a great reminder today in your post. As I get older I think I am becoming not as selfish. I also am more understanding.
Thank you for a great BLOG that helps me along on my journey.

Blessings & Hugs
Janet

Nezzy said...

God bless your pastor but I find myself lookin' for ways to bless others more and more the older I get. I long to be that servant that Christ would want of me. What a wonderful post you have written to remind us of just that!

Ya'll have a wonderfully bless day now, ya hear! :o)

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
Just wanted you to know you are in my prayers as you head on your vacation tomorrow. I pray for safe travel and a wonderful enjoyable time with your family! God bless you!
Love,
Tanya

Jennifer said...

Great post! Something the Lord has been dealing with my heart about lately! Thanks for sharing!

Dianna said...

I love your heart Carrie. It is a joy to have been here today. I, too, want to be tender and will be listening to what is coming from my lips today.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details