Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Amish Sugar Cookies~











Amish Sugar Cookies~

1 cup of sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup of butter
1 cup cooking oil
2 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugars, butter and oil and beat well. Add eggs and mix well. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator overnight.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Be careful to not over bake.

6 comments:

mommyx12 said...

Oh I love sugar cookies. My kids have been wanting to make them this week and I kept putting them off so I don't eat any and where the mistake for the next month! I finally gave in and it happened I was willed enough not to eat even one! Now here you posted a great recipe for them and I'm going to have to try them! Along with those peanut butter balls recipe you have. My kids plan on making those tomorrow.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

They look yummy!!!! Merry Christmas!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Merry Christmas, dear friend.

Mrs.C said...

Your cookies are so beautiful, have a Merry Christmas!

Renata said...

Hi Carrie
These look delicious! Thanks for the recipe! Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
Blessings
Renata:)

Julze said...

Those look delish ...too hot here in New Zealand for cooking so I'm making White Christmas instead.

Marry Christmas to you and your family!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details