Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Blessings~ From My Heart To Yours




Luke 2:16-20 (King James Version)


 16And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
 17And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
 18And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
 19But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
 20And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.


Ready or not here comes the Christmas week.  I love Christmas~ I love the shopping, baking, decorating and all that comes along with the celebrating the birth of our SAVIOUR. We all want to have that "Walton" kind of celebration.
Yet~ for many~ it is just not so. I have heard many comments over the weekend of friends and family who are struggling. Did you know that 110 million Americans take medication for stress and depression each week?  Depression is an emotional, mental, physical and spiritual disorder. Something is out of balance. It is an indication that some pain has been buried instead of confronted. In order to keep our joy we must come to a place of complete surrender to God and His plan for our lives. God's heart is healing and restoration for all His children.

Sometimes at the holidays our emotional buttons can be easily pushed. Schedules demand every ounce of our energy. Financial pressure can steal our joy and destroy our peace. And those silly ol' false expectations of living up to the "Waltons" can leave us feeling hollow and empty. I know for me just dealing with those in my life that are depressed~has me fighting dark feelings instead of joy.  Before we realize it ~we find that we are in that slimy pit~ Yuck!!

So what is a girl to do? ~~~~

Let me tell you!  Make Christmas a time of praise. Choose to focus on all the victories God has given you this year. Make it a priority to be thankful for the blessings in your life. Find a way to bring joy to others. Get your mind off SELF!  Christmas time is a time of celebration. Because of Christmas~ I do not have to fear death or eternity. I have had my sins forgiven and I stand redeemed in the sight of my Lord. Because of Christmas ~I do not have to fear~ anything!!! God is in control of my life~He holds my future in the palm of His hands. That first Christmas my Saviour came to be born so that He could die for my sins. All the darkness can be destroyed because Jesus Christ died and rose again and now sits on the right hand of His Father.  Right now~ choose to focus your mind on the things of heaven- not earth~ then you will have the joy of Christmas in your heart today and every coming day in the New Year.

Christmas Blessings ~ from my heart to yours.

7 comments:

Life In a Little House said...

Great suggestions~ Have a Wonderful Week ~Merry Christmas ~Love Heather

katie said...

Beautiful post full of Truth.

Tanya said...

Thank you Carrie...I'm having such a sad time with my Mom in the hospital and not seeing light for her. My heart is heavy and I'm weary. I NEED to focus on my God and our Savior. This is where all hope is found. I will not be given more than I can bear. Your words were so uplifting and I will refocus and pray more. Your words were just what I needed to hear tonight.
Thank you,
Tanya

Marmee's Pantry said...

Lovely, timely reminder. This have been a hard CHRISTmas for us, too. DH was laid off 4/09 & had only found a temp job that keeps getting renewed for 1/4 of what he was making before...that's why I had to find work outside the home a while back. Last year ~ for the 1st time in our lives ~ we had no presents under our tree. It was heartbreaking...& then our extended family who I made gifts for didn't appreciate anything b/c it wasn't store bought. Oh well. This year we'll all get a little something & we are grateful to the fullest.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Trace4J said...

Merry Christmas Carrie & Family,
What a great post!! Thank you for your blog that always lifts and encourages my heart!!
Love,
Granny Trace

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Merry CHRISTmas Carrie!

Mariel said...

Have a wonderfully merry Christmas!! Grabbing your button, your blog always blesses me :)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details