Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Blessings~





I am up at 4 in the morning. If Sarah Palin  and Martha Stewart can start their day at this hour in the morning ~surely I can too. I was wide awake with visions of my to-do list dancing in my head. I just might have to have a long winter's nap this afternoon.

I am getting ready to brew this~

I think I just might drink it with one of these sugar cookies.

But first~ I think I need to start my day with my devotion. I opened my morning devotion with this story.

 An article in National Geographic several years ago provided an interesting picture of God's wings. After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage. At the base of a tree, one ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes. Dismayed by the strange sight, the ranger knocked the bird over with a stick. To his amazement, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings. The loving mother, sensing the impending disaster, had carried her chicks to the base of the tree and gathered them under her wings. She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies. The blaze had descended upon her, scorching her small body, but the mother remained steadfast, willing to die so those under the cover of her wings would live. 






Psalm 91:4 (King James Version)


 4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.


Our Heavenly Father loves us so very much! God's love changes everything. It breathes life into everything it touches. It gives meaning to this life.

 We can celebrate Jesus. Never believe the lies that the enemy whispers~ telling you that God has forsaken you. NO matter where this Christmas Eve finds you remember that God is with you ~ Emmanuel. He suffered the cross completely alone because He loves you~ you are so very important to God!  We have so much to celebrate on this Christmas Eve.



From where I sit ~

Outside my door~

I think there may be more ice than snow. It should make delivering my Christmas goodies today fun!

One of our favorite things to do on Christmas break is to master the Christmas puzzle. We accepted a puzzle challenge from my son-in-love's family. They gave up on this puzzle last year and decided to mail it to us. Of~ course we accepted the challenge. It really was hard.



My family finished it so I went to buy another one.

 ~And they finished it too! I added Hobby Lobby to the list today to buy one more puzzle.   After Christmas deliveries are made we are going to eat Chinese and watch Christmas movies.
We will celebrate Christmas Eve with a little of this!
  Have a wonderful day.
Merry Christ Filled Christmas ~ I think ours just might be white!


7 comments:

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Merry Christmas Carrie, where did you find the Christmas brew, love the package!

Sue said...

Merry Christmas, Carrie to you and your family! May God bless you!!

In Christ,
Sue

The Old Cupboard Door said...

I love that National Geographic story. It always brings tears to my eyes. What a beautiful picture of how God's wings cover us. I wanted to wish you and your family a Merry CHRISTmas. May His Presence bring a beautiful CHRISTmas Light to your home this season.

In the service of the King

~willa~

melanie said...

Merry Christmas to you ~ How nice to enjoy a puzzle challenge together =)
We've been out caroling the past two evenings, and hope to go again tonight. It's becoming VERY white up here ~ and still snowing!

NanaNor's said...

Dear Carrie, Christmas blessings from our home to yours. Loved reading about your early morning but more than that I loved the story you shared-heard it before but never knew the source.
May you enjoy the riches of the King this Christmas.
Hugs, Noreen

Melinda said...

Beautiful story! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Life In a Little House said...

Merry Christmas to your family Hope you are having a wonderful day....I am just waiting for my turkey to cook now as I type....That story with the baby birds is amazing. and I am in awe over the puzzles I am terrible at puzzles lol!!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :)~Love Heather

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details