Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Am So Excited~


I opened my mail yesterday to find 2 autographed copies of Mary's new cookbook. Two of my recipes have been featured~even a little story about our apple picking days as a family. I am just so excited and a slow cooker cookbook just in time for the busy season is great. I am trying one of the recipes today because Hannah and I are baking all day today. You can preview the cookbook by clicking on the Amazon box below. It is really good~and would make a wonderful gift to any lucky girl on your list!



My recipes that were published are~

Crock Pork Chili~

Ingredients:

  • 2 to 2 1/2 pounds pork loin or lean pork shoulder, cut in 1-inch cubes
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 large can (28 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
  • 1 can (16 oz) chili beans, undrained
  • 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 small bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • minced jalapeno or other hot chile, to taste (optional)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste

Preparation:

In a large skillet, brown pork cubes in hot oil over medium heat. Drain. Place pork in crockpot; add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Serve with flour tortillas~
Serves 4-6.



Crockpot Hot Caramel Dip

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk


Mix together all ingredients and put in crockpot on low. Cook for about 3 hours! Enjoy~

13 comments:

Mrs.C said...

I love Mary Engelbreit's artwork, so whimsical and happy! How exciting for you, two recipes published, that is pretty cool!

Thanks for you sweet comment the other day, so thankful to know you through the internet, you are a blessing to so many!

Linda Stubbs said...

Isn't this wonderful?!!!!!!! That caramel dip looks wonderful!!!!!!!! I will definitely try it out! See why you are so happy!

May the Lord Bless your CHRISTmas this year. Your little grandbaby......will make it so fun I am sure!

Hugs, Linda

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

How wonderful Carrie! Congratulations!!

Blessings!
Gail

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

How exciting!! And these recipes sound very good. Thanks for sharing your joy!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh my, that pork recipe sounds gorgeous. That is SO my cup-o-tea! Will definitely be trying that. Well done for getting your recipe in print! I'm impressed..... and no wonder, cos this sounds perfect. Thanks for posting x

Flat Creek Farm said...

And I am excited for you too!! This is wonderful.. many congratulations to you, Carrie! Thank you for sharing your recipes also - I will definitely put this cookbook on my wishlist ;) -Tammy

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Congrats!! I didn't know they were still putting out cookbooks?

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
That is so wonderful! So proud of you and so happy for you! I'll get a copy!
Hoping you are having fun and relaxing days...sounds like you are with baking with Hannah. Isn't the weather so bitter and windy? It just hurts the body! HA!
Have a blessed Lord's Day.
Tanya

Sue said...

I am excited and happy for you Carrie, I ill check this cook book out. I enjoy her writings.
Hugs, Sue

Sandra said...

How neat is that??? I've never seen her cookbook before. I'll go check it out.

Janet said...

Congratulations! I collect cookbooks so it looks like a perfect gift for me.

Blessings
Janet

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

That must be so lovely for you Carrie! My seminar on Friday was so well received and I gave away recipes and handouts on the Christmas table and hostess gifts. I'm now trying to catch up on everything at home - one speaking engagement at this time of year is quite enough I think!
Blessings to you - my slow cookers are in storage for the moment - it is way too hot for those kind of recipes, perhaps I should get out my blender to make some ice cold smoothies now that trays of mangoes are appearing in the shops!

Heidi said...

How exciting for you! I think I've got a recipe in the same book. I haven't seen a cookbook in my mailbox, yet.... Waiting!
Christmas blessings! ~Heidi

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details