Friday, December 10, 2010

A Merry Heart~ Need A Little Christmas Spirit?







Proverbs 15:13 (King James Version)



 13A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Happy Friday~I love Fridays. I get a break from my normal routine and I am anticipating spending some weekend time with my family.

I have not been feeling very merry lately~how about you? (I just can't seem to get it all together this year!)  "Merry" infers laughter, cheerful and other happy feelings.

In ~ Matthew we learn that from our heart ~our actions proceed. What does that mean?  It means if a person is happy or unhappy, angry or glad~ and so on~ it is a sign of a heart condition.

Matthew 15:19 





 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:


Solomon said~



Proverbs 17:22 (King James Version)



 22A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

According to Solomon~the man with all the wisdom~ perhaps more of our ailments are due to our heart's condition than we think. Have you ever had an experience in life that just made your heart sick?~of course you have. The disposition of our heart can affect our life.

How do you affect others? Are you "good medicine" or do you "dry the bones?"
Do you encourage others with your conversation or do you "dry" things out? Ouch!!!
We all know of those we really don't want to converse with because we know how bad things are going to be. Yet~ we can also think of someone who just blesses your soul to be around.

What is the condition our your heart today~ how are you influencing others?

Today on the fabulous Friday~ we should determine to have a merry heart during this wonderful season of Christmas.

Have a holly jolly day~



4 comments:

Sue said...

Carri, I love that verse so much and it's so true!

Wishing you a merry spirit and a Merry Christmas once again!

Love the profile. I had this one then changed it. I like this one best! LOL

Mrs.B said...

Thanks! YOU have a Holly JOLLY Day too!
:)

Regan Family Farm said...

So glad to catch up with you (again). It is my heart to be that life-giving encouragement to others...so often I find myself blabbering about nothingness...then regret sets in. Thanks for the encouragement!!!!
Do enjoy the weekend, friend~
Kathy

Jo said...

Wow, thank you so much for this post. I'm in love with God and amazed at what He's doing in my life...but waiting and being faithful where He has me can be rough at times. This is just the reminder and boost I needed to stay true to who I am in Him...an encourager!! :)

I've been following your blog every so often...I'm very much interested in homesteading, homeschooling, etc. when the time comes...:) Thanks!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details