Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Person Holding The Spoon~



Sometimes we like what life serves up to us, and sometimes we don't, but most of the time it simply depends on the attitude of the person holding the spoon.

This morning this little saying was in my daily devotion. I think we all could take it to heart.  
The past couple of days I have been struggling with a situation~I know that you all know what I am taking about. Life seems to be sailing along and out of nowhere comes a road bump. I can tend to over-react! Yet ~when I place it all back in God’s hands the peace and joy returns. After all it is just a bump in the road not the end of the road.

Today we need to stop and praise God for his presence. Can you imagine living this life without the Lord?

I don’t want to wake up each morning quick to complain but rather asking the Lord to bless my day. I want to invite Him to walk with me each step that I take this very morning.


Philippians 2:14-16 (King James Version)

 14Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
 15That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
 16Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. 

Inspirational Story
Be Thankful
~author unknown~
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire;
if you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something;
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times;
during those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations;
they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge;
they will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes;
they will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you are tired and weary;
it means you’ve made a difference.
It’s easy to be thankful for the good things;
but a life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

4 comments:

Drucilla's Stitches said...

Thank you for the encouragement...the past few months have had several bumps in the road for our family. We keep pressing on and praising God for his faithfulness!! I'm looking for a good devotional, do you have any suggestions?
God Bless You!

Sue said...

Yes, those bumps in the road come out of nowhere, don't they?
I am reminded of what James says in his first chapter: 'Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance'. James 1:2
I like that is says when we 'encounter' because that's exactly what happens. Life is moving right along then all of a sudden...a bump in the road.
Praying for you and wishing joy for the season.

Down On The Farm said...

I know what you mean. Things had been moving along fairly nicely, then I had a big bump in my road yesterday. Family situation I won't go into. My heart is heavy and I am trying to lay it down at Jesus feet, and not pick it back up, but it can be so hard. Family situations are the toughest. Would appreciate your prayers Carrie. And I will send prayers heavenward for you. I am so thankful that we don't have to bear our burdens alone, and that when we truly give our problems to Him, He sends His peace.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Bumps in the road???? Oh my, they've been MOUNTAINS in my road this year. Just as things start to settle down something else happens. Some test results came back pretty bad for me this week, but I just have to keep praising my Lord. He knows all and He holds my hand!

Great reminder as usual Carrie!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details