Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We Can Never Out Give God~




Proverbs 11:24-25 (King James Version)


 24There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
 25The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

There are those that are givers~yet there are those that withhold more than they should!  I want to be a person who freely gives~after all ~it all belongs to God anyway!

We make a living by what we get out of life but we make a life by what we give and how we give it. I truly believe that the One who gave His most beloved Son expects us to be willing to give too. What can I do to give to someone today? Maybe the gift you give today could be the answer to someones prayer.

I have learned that we can never out give God~no matter if it is our money or our time! Through the years when I have listened to the Lord and gave ~He has always given back.

One winter the children and I were coming home from running errands and when we returned home we found a strange man shoveling our driveway. It was at our old home and the driveway was really long.This poor man had shoveled ~by hand~ the entire drive. I simply asked him who had paid him to shovel my drive~after I drove around the block and debated how to handle the situation. I knew my do-it-yourself man would have never hired someone to do a job he could do himself~LOL~he had a snow blower!

Long story short the man had the wrong house. I felt so bad. I only had a ten dollar bill in my wallet. I needed my ten dollar bill but the Lord told me to give it to him. I apologized to the man ~explaining that it was all I had and I gave it to him along with an invitation to our church and a Gospel Tract on how to get to Heaven. I prayed for the man and to this day pray that he accepted the free gift of salvation. I may have just planted a seed or maybe watered a seed that others had planted. He thanked me and went to the neighbor's house that he had been hired to shovel. I even prayed they would pay him better than I just had.
 A few days later my Brian was working in the yard and a ten dollar bill just blew to him~no kidding.

I have many stories in my life like this where God gave back to me. The amazing thing is~ He was was simply showing me that I could trust Him~for it was only $10.00. We can NEVER out give God!


3 comments:

Aliene said...

So true! There is no way anyone can out give God. We have had many blessings because we wanted to give. One time my husband pledged a weeks salary to help with some major thing at church. Others did the same. The following week he received a check that his former company said they owed him. (He had recently retired) That was not co-incidence. It was God. We believe the more you give the more the Lord blesses. Maybe not monetary every time, but with so many other blessings.

Treasures Evermore said...

Oh Carrie, you are so very right. We NEVER can out give God. I have seen that so much in life that it would take forever to write it all out.

We are seeing that even now with this latest adoption. We were given a $9,000.00 bill that was to be paid by the family who disrupted...but for their own reasons they could not pay it...so we either take our daughter and pay the fees or put her in foster care....so we stepped out in faith prayed with God for a miracle...and people are coming forward to help us with the extra cost...we are being blessed every day since we have stepped out in faith and "cared for the orphan"...I am so humbled by God's grace in my life, that I weep just thinking about it.

You are an amazing woman and I leave your blog inspired "ALWAYS"....thank you for sharing your heart through your blog....it touches many people...and I am one of them

Blessings to you and your family.

Marydon said...

Such a beautiful share, Carrie. I could go on & on about the wonders in our life that He has showered upon us ... but more importantly what we've been able to do for others, for Him.

Christmas hugs & joys ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details