Saturday, January 15, 2011

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner~



Weekend Do It Yourself Project~
I went to buy jewelry cleaner and discovered the price. I  decided to research and make my own. It works just like the store bought brand for only pennies. My diamonds are sparkling once again.


 Homemade Jewelry Cleaner~

1/2 cup dish washing soap
1/2 cup ammonia
1 1/2 cup water


  •   Soak jewelry for 10 minutes.
  •  Scrub with a baby toothbrush and then rinse.
  •  Dry off and polish with a dry cloth.


Store in large mouth jar with lid.







7 comments:

mountain mama said...

great idea!

just found your lovely blog and couldn't help following along~

God bless~

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Great tip...I often forget to clean my jewelry.
Have a blessed Sunday!
Blessings,
Marcia

~Debra said...

Thanks for sharing that, Carrie! I am going to try that out for sure. I can't stand the jewelry cleaner they sale it. It has way too strong of a scent for me. Yuck!

Barbara said...

Yes ammonia aways works good, this will clean bright bright bright, better than the local jewelers. Thanks for sharing, Hugs my friend.

Life In a Little House said...

wonderful thanks for sharing :) ~Love Heather

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks for sharing! Stop by and comment for a chance to win a Scentsy candle warmer! I just love your blog!

farm boy said...

Hi! this is Noah from afarmboy.blogspot.com I would like for you to check it out.My mo looks at your website daily. My website is not doing so well so could you advertive my blog. thanks!
-noah (a farm boy)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details