Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pizza Bread~

Bread~ (You can use frozen dough also.)
5 cups of flour
2 Tb sugar
2 Ts salt
2 Tb yeast
1 1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
2 Ts warm butter

In large bowl combine~ flour, sugar, salt yeast.
Add butter, milk and water.  Mix together on low~ I use my mix aid.
If you have a mix aid knead until you have a soft dough. If you knead by hand~turn onto a well floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
Cover and let rise until it doubles in size ~about an hour.




Cut your dough into 2 halves. Roll out your dough in a long oval shape as you would a french loaf.
Fill with pepperoni  and mozzarella cheese ~ roll into french loaves.   Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Roll up as you would a long loaf of bread.  This make 2 big loaves. Let raise for about 30 minutes ~covered. 

Bake at 375 for about 20 -25 minutes.


Serve with homemade pizza sauce~


Homemade Pizza Sauce


This is so much better than store bought sauce~and so frugal to make! Try it with your bread sticks or homemade pizza!

8 ounce can of Tomato Sauce
1/2 t. Basil
1/2 t. Oregano
1/4 t. garlic powder
1 t. sugar
1 t. onion powder
1 T. olive oil
Mix all together!








9 comments:

Nezzy said...

Oh sweetie, I can almost smell the aroma of that wonderful bread bakin'. It looks marvelously delicious!!! Mmmmmmm..........

I'm gonna try it...I'm makin' spaghetti
tonight and I think it will be splendid with it.

God bless and have a fantastic day sweetie!!!

Life In a Little House said...

WOW...that looks really good!! thanks for sharing ~Love Heather

Tina said...

This bread look so good. I haven't made bread from scratch in sooo long. I've owned a bread machine for 16 years now! But it won't hurt to try it again!

Sue said...

Carrie, you have and share the best recipes, thanks for taking the time to share.
I also read and was blessed by your last post!!
Boston's yes face just brought such a smile to my heart.
Hugs,
Sue

Treasures Evermore said...

I think I can smell that all the way here in Canada LOl.

Have a blessed week.

Connie

Tanya said...

That bread and sauce sounds DELICIOUS! Oh Carrie, I'm saving my extra duty for a Kitchen Aid Mixer! I'm trying so hard....I can't wait! I know I'll love it! Do you? Does it make everything so much easier? You should of really teased us and shown us the PIZZA! :0)

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

We had homemade pizza for dinner last evening. I sometimes substitute a green onion chutney for the traditional sauce which is different but delicious. I have a pizza dough cycle on my bread machine which takes just 45 minutes - very handy for lunchtimes. This recipe reminds me to try making calzone again which I have not had in years.

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I've made this too after having it at Zios's in Springfield, love it!

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Carrie, You have been busy!
I always get inspired when I see wonderful ideas for dinner. I find myself needing it this time of the year!
Happy Day and sending you some LOVE!
Roxy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details