Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The 2011 Blizzard ~ Chicken Spaghetti Casserole


We are in the middle of the Winter Storm. I have never seen  our town shut down like this before. Banks, malls, schools and stores are closing. I have to admit it is brutal. The winds are so strong they are producing white out conditions.  I hope you all are keeping warm and safe. We have a fire going and company too!


My Aunt came in for the weekend to celebrate my Mom's birthday. She is still here because her flight back to Colorado has been cancelled twice~so we are having fun visiting. What are you doing?

It is a good day to whip up a cozy supper~we are having Chicken Spaghetti Casserole.  What are you having for supper?



Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

3 cups cooked cubed chicken meat 8 oz spaghetti, broken into pieces (try whole grain noodles)
1/4 cup chopped pimento peppers 
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup 
1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth 
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Salt & Pepper to taste

Cook broken spaghetti until al dente. Drain. Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl combine chicken, spaghetti, pimento, bell pepper, onion, soup, wine & 1 cup of cheese. Season with salt & pepper to taste & mix all together. Spread into 9 x 13 dish & bake 30 mins. Sprinkle with remaining cheese & bake 15 more minutes.





12 comments:

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Cooking from Gooseberry Patch's Slow Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets -- Easy Chicken Fettucine! Comfort food for sure. Stay warm and safe :)

Blessings!
Gail

Eileen @ My Evergreen Place said...

I am making spinach lasagna for dinner. Out west here it is a sunny but very windy day. We reached a high of 61 degrees. It has been a very mild winter for us. Guess winter decided to head east this year! Enjoy your company and staying warm by the fire.0)

Summer said...

Looks like a good meal. Yum.

We are getting ready for an ice storm here. Wish it was snow! :)

Patty said...

Hope your staying warm and cozy. The casserole sounds good. A little different from the chicken spaghetti I have cooked in the past ~ I'll have to remember this one. Blessings.

pilgrimscottage said...

We don't have a blizzard going on here but, you have fun with yours and enjoy your visitors. Sounds real cozy!

John and Ellen said...

Thank you for posting the “Chicken Spaghetti Casserole” recipe, it sure looks good!

John
relaxedrush.blogspot.com

Catherine Anne said...

HUGS to you all. We too are in the view of this cold storm. Stay warm and cozy!

Toodie said...

Thank you for this yummy recipe!
Will be delish on ah cold wintery night!

My Bright Corner said...

We had chicken and dumplings. Good old fashioned comfort food. The blizzard is just starting to blow through here. I guess it will hit mostly at night.

Down On The Farm said...

Hi Carrie! Blizzard here too. Hard to gauge just how much snow because of the wind, but I'm sure we have at least 18". Drifts behind my house are 4' deep. Never seen anything like this. But we are snug and warm. Blessings to you!

Janis said...

Yummy! I will be trying this soon! 6 degrees in the morning for my little Sherman, Tx. 3 inches of ice/sleet/snow on the ground. Love it but I still have to go to work...I work at the Police Dept...so HI Ho Hi Ho off to work I go. HAHA! Love the music. Our daughter who will be 28 on Friday loved, loves Cinderella! We have laughed and cried to this song so many times during her teenage and young adult years before her prince arrived. Yes, GOD sent her a GODLY prince. I hope you don't mind but this gives me an idea for my post that I will be dedicating this week to her because her birthday is Friday. I will use this song just for her!!! Thanks for using this song!
GOD Bless you and yours! Janis

Amy said...

Did y'all take that picture of the bird?! I have been looking for fat bird pictures to hang on my wall!

Chicken jalapeno poppers (hopefully) for my dinner tonight! Something warm and easy...

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details