Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh No ~Sami Is Sick~ What To Do With These Emotions?





John 14:1


Sami is sick again. She did this last year at this time of year. With the cold temperatures it appears that she has a cold. She is resting in the kennel and doing much better this morning. Sami is my special chicken~ she was born with no neck. Her head just sits on her body. Because of this she has always had special treatment. The other chickens are not so kind to her. Sami is our special bird~ she can do tricks and loves to come to the door for treats.




Sami walking right on in the kitchen door after she has dug in my plants!



We were afraid of losing her last night but she is doing just fine this morning.
I am happy she is better today. All my chickens will celebrate their 2nd birthday next month. So far I have not lost 1 of my 12 girls. I love my chickens and I love my beautiful Easter eggs!



***************************************************






I have been a bit emotional lately~is that even okay to admit? I mean for goodness sakes~ should a mature Christian woman have emotions? Shouldn't I be above these silly emotions?  I have cabin fever, my daughter in Washington is in a "funk" as she calls it because they are in the middle of the "unknown land,"  ( you can read her blog post here) I have a child spreading her wings and so much more is swirling through my head~ and for Heavens to Betsy~ I have a chicken in my kitchen.


Did Jesus ever get emotional? Well let's see!


Mark 14:33-34




John 13:21
21When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.


John 12 :27



If Jesus ~who was God~ got troubled and emotional ~why in the world do I think I will never have these silly emotions? It is ridiculous for me to think I will go through this life without stress. I get in real trouble however when I give into my feelings. When I let my feelings have free reign over my mind and my body~ I get myself in trouble. That is when I become unstable~ that is when I lose my focus on God and my faith. That is when I do or say things that I will regret.

Jesus knew his hour on the cross was upon Him in these verses above.  He was talking to His disciples~ He knew His death would trigger fear, doubt and sorrow. Yet~ He warned them ahead of time to keep their focus on the Heavenly Father and His plan. 

Jesus knows all the uncertainty in our lives. He knows what our day will hold. He tells us not to let our feelings  and emotions fly about today creating an unstable and troubled heart. 
When we place our trust back in God instead of our emotions He will capture our anxious heart and give us peace once again. It feels good to trade in my troubled emotions for a strength that will get me through my days. 

Philippians 4:8, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 

Psalms 51:10
10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.







The sun is shining and we are getting up to 30 degrees~ it will seem like a heat wave. I hope you have a Fabulous Friday! I am going to soak up the sun!

7 comments:

Toodie said...

I hope Sami will be alright. With your caring nature I'm sure she will be. Happy Birthday to your chickiepoos! You've done a good job!

Mrs.C said...

It is so comforting to remember how Jesus experienced being a human, except without sin, but that we know He identifies with our humanity, and understands what we're going through when we struggle.

I hope your Sami is well soon, that's a great track record, not losing any in two years.

Praying for you, as you fix your eyes on Him and not let your emotions get the best of you. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Patty said...

Poor Sami. I hope she is well soon. I believe you are right ~ emotions are a normal things for us humans ~ but God is bigger than our emotions. I hope you have opportunity to get out and about soon ~ until then stay warm and cozy. Blessings.

Nezzy said...

Oh honey I will pray for Sami's speedy recovery. It's amazin' how attached we become.

God bless ya sweetie and have a warm fuzzy kinda day!!!

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
Ohhhh poor little Sami....you are such a good chicken momma and take such good care of them. They in return must adore you (and your home!) I hope that she is well soon.
I am really with you on the "emotional" thing...and I don't think we are alone Carrie. I really think it has a lot to do with the weather, the long winter, the lack of vitamin D, the being cooped up. I tell myself everything is going to be okay!! My daughter is feeling crummy too and I read Ashley's post. I think the "limbo" is so unsettling and we (well...I) tend to be impatient and not wait on God's plan. My Lace is wanting a job change and it really has her down in the dumps as well. I tell her just hold on....God is working on your plan right now! I will pray for Ashley and family (particularly that they get closer to Grandma!) Hava a good day and keep busy! The sun is shining and I'm forcing myself to keep on the move today and not let this SNOW get me down! ha!
Warm hugs from my house to yours,
Tanya

Kate said...

Yes, but it's such a pretty chicken! Might that chicken be a Buff Orpington? Emotions are good; what zombies we would be without them. Not only that, but God himself has all the same emotions we do, or should I say, we have the same emotions as our Creator... Okay, His aren't estrogen dominated, or have anything to do with whether we get enough sun exposure, etc., but you know what I mean. I haven't had any of my 4 sons fly the coup yet, so I don't know what that's like, but I know He helped each of conceive and raise our children and He will most certainly be there for times such as this.

Regan Family Farm said...

Hi Carrie~
Praying for you! Parenting and things like PMS/aging don't always go so well together, do they? So good to catch up with you.
Hugs,Kathy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details