Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Are You Reaching For The Son?

 Last autumn as the temperatures began to drop I decided I just didn't want to see all my potted plants die. My brilliant idea was that I would save them all. It seemed like a great idea. I would not have to spend money to replace them all after Winter. I brought them into the house. All 20 pots~I have plants in every window of my house~no kidding.
 Christmas came and along with it all the decorations. I had to find temporary places for the plants until all the Christmas trees were stored back away. Snow, ice, sleet and freezing temperatures came and stayed it seemed like forever. My plants all looked a bit dormant. I continued to move them to the sun and fed and watered them all LONG winter long. I am most pleased to say~ I still have them all. However~ about a month ago~ the flowers started to look more vibrant~in fact they have almost tripled is size. They are blooming and filling out~ they have been reaching for the sun. The temperatures have warmed up and the sun in shining more.




It is as if they know it it is time to go back outdoors and believe me I am just waiting for the night temperatures to warm up in order to put them all back outdoors. I feel like we are living in a forest all the sudden.

As Christians~ we too are like my plants. We need to be reaching for the Son! We should be spreading out our branches and bursting forth in bloom. It was a long hard Winter and sometimes in life we have dry dormant spells where such a thriving condition is not always evident in our lives. It is easy to become bored and listless in our lives.  It is easy to become stale with our daily activities. Like my plants~ why not on purpose reach for the Sun~Son? Why not branch out and serve God with a renewed excitement?  Why not renew our walk with the Lord?  Spring has sprung ~well I am sure it will again tomorrow. ( So the weather man says anyway.) It is a good time to be feeding on the Word of God and grow in our walk with the Him~we must never stop growing!  It is a good time to find something new to do for the Lord.

When we are at a spiritual standstill we must allow Jesus the "Sun of Righteousness"  to warm our hearts anew with His love.

Malachi 4:2 (King James Version)


 2But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

We must dig deep into the roots of God's Word and allow it to work in our lives.


Psalm 1:2 (King James Version)


 2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

When we do we will be like a tree planted by the rivers of of living water.

Psalm 1:3

3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

My plants are all blooming~ because they are reaching for the sun. If we want to be filled with blossoms that reflect the beauty of righteous living we too need to reach for the SUN!
I don't ever want to become boring and dormant~ I want to always be alive and growing!



If God can make a tiny seed
Into a flower so fair,
What can He make, O soul, of thee
Through study, faith, and prayer? —Anon.







  











Reach for the Sun today~
and have a blessed day!




6 comments:

Chelle said...

I will have to try that this year. I love flowers and I would love not to have to buy them every year. Yours are so pretty. A friend of mine put her geramiums in her garage for the winter and they are really big and beautiful.I also like your looking to the Son.

Patty said...

Your plants are all looking lovely. You are right, we need to be reaching for the Son. I sure could use as much of His light as possible! Hope you have a blessed day.

Farmhouse Dreams said...

lovely post!

Mrs.B said...

You too! :)

Barbara said...

Amen Carrie, your plants are lovely, so pretty, I do love plants, and flowers, mine are all doing so well, all is in bloom now, Hugs ☺

Trace4J said...

wow they are amazing. must be lots of love. love your sharing toay!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details