Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Most Moist Banana Bread~





  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
  2. Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
  3. Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
  4. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.



6 comments:

Patty said...

Banana bread sounds good ~ but the yellow makes it difficult to read the recipe. Or maybe you could make the font a bit larger. Sorry, I'm just having trouble seeing it on my computer.

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Guess what we had for lunch today Carrie? I didn't have buttermilk so substituted Greek yogurt and I used rapadura in place of the sugar. I had a heap of our home-grown bananas going brown so this recipe came along at the perfect time. It was delicious and super-moist. My husband had four slices! I must let you know though that I had trouble seeing the yellow text on the page - you might want to try a different colour! Anyway, this is definitely a recipe I will make again soon - thanks Carrie!

Carrie of Farming On Faith said...

Sorry girls~ I fixed it!

gail said...

Thank you Carrie,

I've filed it in my recipe folder for later. At the moment because of the terrible floods up north (Queensland,Australia) bananas are
$12.99 a kilo so I might have to wait awhile to try your recipe.

Blessings Gail

Down On The Farm said...

Looks delicious. I am a BIG fan of banana bread and I think my recipe is pretty good, if I do say so myself, but I'm gonna give yours a try too. I'd love to know where you got those cute "tags" to go on your loaves of bread. They sure are purty! You can e-mail me if you like. robbing@brydonlaw.com. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! Blessings to you my friend!

Lucas said...

I agree with Down on the Farm. I love those tags. Would love to know as well where you get them. Thank you so much for your beautiful blog. You can email me too with the info if you like. loogin22@gmail.com. Thank you so much. Jennifer

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details