Monday, March 2, 2015

Perfect Lemonade~ Just Tastes Like Spring



Spring is just around the corner and I am so excited I just can't contain myself.  It's almost  time for planting the pansies and starting the winter clean-up. I just get giddy this time of year when the birds are singing~ the frogs start croaking and I see the first bumble bee. I love watching God make all things new once again.
 
 It has been a long winter~ physically and spiritually but I am rejoicing that God does restore all that is dead and makes it new again. That is just something to celebrate today.
 
  Hope you are making a joyful noise unto God in your part of the world today.

Psalm 100

 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Perfect Lemonade Recipe


  • 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)


1 Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.



2 While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
3 Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
Serve with ice, sliced lemons.




8 comments:

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Sounds so refreshing and looks yummy. Could you turn it into a piece of Lemon pie as its just 7 am. here on the west coast and I am ready for breakfast afterall it is loaded with vitamin C right? Blessings, Abbey

Sue said...

Thank you, Carrie! That looks wonderful. And it does remind a person of spring!

Janet said...

Sounds yummy. I will have to make some. I am just waiting for spring. It has been rainy and windy here but it is not stopping my tulips from coming up.

Have a Blessed day!
Janet

pilgrimscottage said...

We get lots more limes here than lemons. Will have to try this with limes. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I will make this later this summer. I like your bracelets you are wearing.
Lisa from Savannah

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sounds wonderful, Carrie! That's Joy's favorite drink and your recipe sounds wonderful!

Have a great evening!
Tammy

CreativeLee said...

That looks so yummy and colorful with the strawberries in it.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Carrie, I make lemonade often as my hubby uses it with his ice tea!
Roxy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details