Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Forward ~Let's Celebrate




Psalm 96:1-2 (KJV)

 1O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.
 2Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.

Missouri has hard~cold~freezing winters. Our temperatures get below 0 degrees. The past two winters have been harder than I remember for a long time. I have packed away my boots and coats. If we get another snow I will rebel and wear flip-flops. (I promise) I try so hard to keep my "grumblies" to myself. This homeschool mom has cabin fever this time of year I am ready to say good riddance to gray skies, cold air, snow, ice and short days!!!!

When the sunshine starts to peak through the clouds ~my mood changes immediately. The smell of earth coming alive is starting to happen at Farming On Faith. The birds are singing a new song~ just beautiful. They seem to have a plan and they are working the plan. The sun is shining and it could not be a more fabulous Friday~ woo hoo!  My garden is calling to be tilled ~ potatoes and onions are to be in the ground on St. Patty's day. Oh~ Spring!

I am so happy we have put another winter to rest~ we survived.

 But in God's economy everyday is Spring.

See what I mean~


2 Corinthians 5:17 (King James Version)


 17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.


Colossians 3:10 (King James Version)


 10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:


2 Corinthians 5:18-20 (King James Version)


 18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
 19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
 20Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.


We can make everyday Spring in our heart by celebrating the new life we received when we accepted Christ as our Saviour. We can praise Him everyday with a new song of His love. We need to intentionally be renewed each day by reading His Word and spending time with Him in prayer.

Let's spring forward this weekend and celebrate Spring!

Break out the flip-flops!





6 comments:

pilgrimscottage said...

No matter what the climate or weather, we can have spring in our hearts everyday with the Lord. Funny, I just posted using Psalms 96, too. Have a great day!

Mrs.B said...

I never put the flip flops away! :) I do need some NEW ones though!

Tanya said...

Flip flops are on my feet today! :0) and I'm loving it. Hoping for a fun warm weekend....I used an "Hour Off" coupon and so get out today at 1:50 and I'm so excited! HA!

Mrs. Mommy said...

Ok, I just have to say...I CAN'T WAIT FOR FLIP-FLOPS!!!!!! :)

I love the thought of renewal. Daily prayer and Bible reading can do so much for us! (Isaiah 40:28, 29) I also like this scripture in addition to the wonderful ones you posted!
"Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Corinthians 4:16

Janis said...

Just caught up on your last 4 or 5 posts. Been a stressful crazy week...ahh but the birds are singing, the wind chimes are ringing and the front flower beds are ready to plant. Oh how good it feels to dig in the dirt again after a long cold winter in North Texas this pleasant morning in Sherman, Texas. As always your posts speak to me, make the think, make me cry, or make me laugh. Keep posting and HAPPY SPRING to you!! ~Janis
P.S. Let the shopping begin today for new flip flops!

Tanya said...

Oh Carrie,
I'm just itching to have some more of your candles! What are your spring/summer scents? Or where do I go to check them out?
I love your kitchen table....I can't wait for my forsythia to bloom! I planted it years ago as a little "twig" and now it's huge and I just love it! It signals "spring is here!"
Hope you are having a great Saturday!
Blessings and hugs,
Tanya

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details