Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Cleaning~






"Create in me a clean heart, O God: and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

I love living in Missouri because I like change. Just when I get bored with a season the new one comes rolling along just before I think I am going to go crazy. (The past two winters have been way too long!)  Each season brings a little spring to my step. I change my decor and welcome it with great anticipation.  I just love getting out my Springy things. We have been cleaning out all the nooks and crannies and even had a Garage Sale last weekend. (Oh my~ I forgot how much work they are~ all left overs have been dropped off at Good Will.) It sure feels nice to lighten up for Spring. 

As Spring approaches I feel the need to make everything in our house clean and orderly. Everything outside is singing with new life and it inspires me to bring newness inside my home as well. So I begin turning everything upside down and inside out cleaning every square inch. I clean closets and cupboards. I frantically look for hidden cob webs and clean every dark corner. I want everything in my home to sparkle! 

Often we need to do the same thing with our spiritual houses. We need to turn everything inside out and expose those spiritual cob webs that need cleaning. After all~ God Himself is living in my spiritual house. I need to  freshen up my life so that it is sparkling and presentable to Him. Sometimes in our winter of life we allow our hearts to become cold and stale.  We tuck things into our spiritual closets that are not necessary and we need to get rid of them~things like little sins! God sees the hidden corners of our heart.  

"Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee."  Psalm 119:1

After I get my home in order and my Spring cleaning is all done I stand back and admire it. I vow to be more organized and keep things free of clutter. I love the feeling of a clean and orderly home. Everything runs more smoothly and peaceful.  It is the same with our spiritual life. When we keep a short account with God and keep our minds and heart clean and sparkling then life is full of peace and contentment.

God gives us His precious Word and forgiveness as our cleaning tools. We just have to do a little work~read it and apply it to our lives! 


Here is a link to my homemade cleaning recipes~


Click Here!
Do you have a great recipe you could share?

************************


A Prayer In Spring
Robert Frost (1915)
clr gif


Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers to-day;
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the year.

Oh, give us pleasure in the orchard white,
Like nothing else by day, like ghosts by night;
And make us happy in the happy bees,
The swarm dilating round the perfect trees.

And make us happy in the darting bird
That suddenly above the bees is heard,
The meteor that thrusts in with needle bill,
And off a blossom in mid air stands still.

For this is love and nothing else is love,
The which it is reserved for God above
To sanctify to what far ends He will,
But which it only needs that we fulfil.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Great post and great reminder! I love the prayer too.
Thank you so much for sharing this inspiration with us:)

Mrs.C said...

I've been stopping by and reading often, just haven't had time to comment. Thought I'd say hello real quick, I always love your encouraging posts!!! Cleaning here today too, finally no strong winds, I think I can clean the tilt in windows, I've been waiting for a day like today.

Blessings to you!!!

Tanya said...

I'm getting motivated just reading this post. I'm so happy to get the windows open....now I just need to clean them! HA!
I do enjoy Spring cleaning just wish I had more time at home right now. This summer I will definitely tackle for sure.
I am requesting a post from you! Will you show when you store all your cleaning supplies and how you organize them and how you label them on all your homemade goodies? I know everyone would love to see your awesome ORGANIZATION in action!! :0)
Hugs,
Tanya

mommyx12 said...

I was thinking the same thing today. It's that time again. I too vow to do better at organizing in the upcoming year but have yet to maintain that whole year of complete organization. Although sadly, I know all too soon there is going to be a day where everything will always be in it's place. All the time! Not sure I'll like that either.

Tina said...

I really enjoyed your post and the prayer! It's a great reminder that we shouldn't go to bed before cleaning our 'spiritual house'!
I've been doing a lot of spring cleaning and organizing here myself...having a yard sale in 3 weeks. Can't wait until it's all over!

Monica said...

Great post Carrie! Wonderful reminder that the Holy Spirit lives in us so we should keep His house clean too! Happy Spring! (I notice that the older I get the longer the winters are! LOL)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details