Thursday, April 21, 2011

Welcome Gooseberry Patch Friends~ Happy Easter

ILoveGBP2
~Welcome Gooseberry Patch Friends~
Once again Farming On Faith has been asked to be linked on Gooseberry Patch. 
I am so excited to be included. 
I just love~love~love~ Gooseberry Patch cookbooks.
All of the wonderful Easter ideas and recipes will be shared on Friday~ 
You won't want to miss them~ I already have one picked out from Mommy's kitchen to try!




Psalm 34:8 


 8O taste and see that the LORD is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

I love to buy jelly and jam from My Amish Friends~it is oh so good. Last year I started making my own. My neighbor brought us some wild cherries. Oh this recipe is so good and simple. ENJOY!

I did pit mine because they had worms and I wanted to make sure we had no worm jelly~tehe!


 EASY HOMEMADE CHERRY JELLY~
JUST LIKE THE AMISH
3 1/2 c. cherry juice (about 3 lb. or 2 qt. boxes sour cherries and 1/2 c. water)
1 pkg. powdered pectin
4 1/2 c. sugar

To prepare juice. Select fully ripe cherries. Soft; wash and remove stems. Do not pit. Crush cherries, add water and cover. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Extract juice.To make jelly: measure juice into a kettle. Add pectin and stir well. Place on high heat and stir constantly. Bring quickly to a boil that cannot be stirred down. Add sugar, continue stirring and heat again to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute. Remove from heat; skim off foam from top quickly. Pour jelly immediately into hot containers and seal. Makes about 6 (8 ounce) glasses.




Jewish Sweet Bread~Challah Bread



Jewish Sweet Bread (
Challah)
This bread is so delicious and so pretty because it is braided. It's not terribly hard to make, but takes a few hours because it has to rise twice. You can easily double the recipe and actually make 6 loaves by separating the dough into smaller parts. Also~ the butter is very important. If you use unsalted butter~ the flavor isn't as good.

1 pkg. yeast
1 1/4 c. warm water (as hot as you can comfortably touch it)
1 tsp. sugar

1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. oil
2 eggs
4 1/2 c. flour

Mix yeast, water, and tsp. sugar, set aside. Mix the other ingredients together, then add yeast mixture. Lay out on floured surface and knead 5 minutes. Put into greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise to double~ punch down. Cut dough into 3 parts (there will actually be 6 parts because the recipe makes 2 loaves). Make 2 braids and let them rise on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 min. or until golden brown. Pour 1/2 cube of melted butter over bread before baking and 1/2 cube of melted butter just after baking.

This bread is so good and so easy! It has become an Easter tradition for our family!


The Jelly Bean Story~




Have you heard the story of the jelly beans?
Little jelly beans
Tell a story true.
A tale of our Father's love
That's just for me and you.
GREEN is for the new spring grass.YELLOW is for the sun above.BROWN is for the soft earth where
People sat hearing of HIS love.
PURPLE'S for the robe he wore,RED is for that precious blood~He shed.BLACK is for the sins He washed
From your soul and mine.
BLUE'S for the sadness of
HIS friends and family,
and 
WHITE is for the glory of the Day
HE rose for you and me.
Now that you've heard the story
You know what each color means.
The story of our Father's love
As told by jelly beans.

So when you see jelly beans on this Easter season,
stop and remember,
Jesus Arose!

Happy Easter from Farming On Faith



 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.
Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Matthew 28:6 




5 comments:

Tina said...

I was asked too! How exciting!
Thank you for the story of the jelly bean. I'd like to use this in my Sunday school class if it's ok. I teach K - 3rd. Thank you for sharing!
May you have a Blessed Easter!!

Mrs.C said...

Cherry jelly sounds very good!

Such beautiful pics on your post today!

Happy Resurrection day! Joyous lives we live thanks to our risen Savior!!!

Cheryl said...

Want to try the Cherry jelly this year. So exciting to get linked to Gooseberry Patch. Loved the jelly bean story. Have a wonderful Easter!

Rejoice He is Risen!

Tanya said...

I remember being a relatively new blogger last year and reading the post about the Jelly Bean story and it was so wonderful. I printed it off and so happy to meet you as a new blogger. I can't believe a year has gone by. That story will always remind me of you now!
Have a wonderful Friday! We are out of school and I'm so excited....but I think it will be a rainy day!

Trace4J said...

Beautiful cherry jelly. And your bread..Wow!!
I wanna try.
Love your jelly bean story. I will share with the granny kids tommorow evening when we dye eggs.
Thanks for sharing,
Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

My Friends~My Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Pages