Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Do You See God In Everything?


I have been watching several of my blog friends who have bee hives. My Brian and I have put in a small orchard on Farming on Faith and are thinking we may be adding more as time goes by. So~we thought it may be a good idea to add a bee hive for pollination. I am not allergic to bees just bee stings~ lol. I stepped on two at the same time while visiting my in-laws in Michigan once~oh did it hurt. My foot swelled up so large I could not wear shoes the entire trip~thank goodness for my favorite ~flip-flops. I was nursing baby Hannah at the time and we both had a Benedryl induced comma for several days. Such sweet memories! My Brian says it was the most peaceful 14 hour drive home he has ever had.


Psalm 119:103 (King James Version)


 103How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

After researching the bee hive and a study on their social instincts and physical makeup I must say there is a Master Designer ~ behind it all.

There are three kinds of bees in each colony. In the bee home is a queen bee, the drone~or male bee and the worker bees~the females. Imagine that! Normally a bee home will house up to 60,000 bees in an individual hive. When the queen bee mates the male drone bee dies~poor king bee! The queen bee lays up to two thousand eggs per day for two to three years from the one mating.

  The worker bee then works herself to death~ making ten trips a day and will visit more than 300,000 flowers in one summer. She is literally a chemical factory. These worker bees make one kind of wax for the six- sided cells and another to seal off the entrance. This second type of wax is porous so that the baby bee can breath until it is big enough to come out of the cell.  While the worker bee gathers nectar from blossoms for honey~ pollen is unknowingly carried to other area flowers and fertilizes it enabling it to bear fruit. It that amazing or what? The cell of the honey comb is bordered on all six sides by another cell~saving space~ work and energy. Scientist call this one of the wonders of the natural world! Not a single bee knows the miracle of all of this~it is done in the darkness so to speak!
There is no question that the Almighty Creator's hand is behind it all.

I am celebrating my wonderful Creator~ on this "Merry Day of May!"

6 comments:

Gone Country said...

I know, isn't God amazing! Such intricate detail is all instinct for the bees and every other living creature He created! I don't really see how people can deny that there is an Almighty God!

My hubby & I would love to have bees one day also, but, until we figure out where God wants us, we're waiting. (I'm not all that good at waiting but I'm learning through much prayer *smile*!)

pilgrimscottage said...

It is indeed truly amazing! God is surely a most awesome God. Knowing Him gives us a different perspective, an enlightening one at that, on His creation.

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

We are also considering bees - my husband is very keen to have hives and extract our own honey but it has to be one project at a time and at the moment we have far too many other beneficial projects going on! He has been researching native stingless bees - now I'm sure you would love the idea of that Carrie! Me too. Thankfully, I can buy local honey at reasonable prices so I'm not in too much of a rush to keep bees but isn't it a sweet idea?
And - our husbands are going to have to meet one day. I am sure they share the same sense of humour going by Brian's comment about 'the most peaceful drive home.' Just hilarious! I can imagine my husband saying exactly the same thing. On long drives I tell him no need for caffeine drinks to keep him awake when I am in the passenger seat!

Janis said...

Beautiful, just what I needed tonight. I haven't been reading blogs much lately. Spending time with my sweet friend Catherine that is battling breast cancer and time praying for her. I needed to read that GOD has a plan. I admit, I have questioned lately when I see Catherine suffering so very much. Thank you my blog friend for bringing me back to the knowledge that I knew I have had for a long time, but just needed to be reaffirmed in. Please pray for Catherine, she is so very, very ill. Sorry for any typos, typing thru tears.
Janis

April said...

We have been wanting hives as well, at both our farms. We had a barter deal worked out with a man who was going to place hives on our farms, and give us some honey in exchange. He was rather elderly, and passed away before he got the hives placed. So far, we have been unable to find another honey man in our area.

Boho Farm and Home said...

Hi Carrie! Would love keeping bees too...thought it was interesting how the female bees are the worker bees, working themselves to death. Sounds like driving the carpool to me!
xo
Caroline

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details