Monday, June 13, 2011

Berry Easy Cobbler~


Today in my email I received this yummy recipe from Gooseberry Patch~thought I would share. A fresh berry cobbler is just what I need to celebrate Summer.

 Hope you are having a wonderful day. My Brian and I have made it home from our trip~ lawn is mowed ~house is clean and we are waiting for our company to arrive. It will be a week long celebration with my family. My nephew and his wife and children from Texas will be here visiting~  can't wait to see them and get my hands on his babies. My aunt and uncle from Colorado are coming also. I am looking forward to family picnics and making memories this week!  I am sure to cook this up this week!


Cotw
This week, we've shared four savory treats (links below) from our Cookbook of the WeekWhat's for Dinner? but we thought you'd like a sample from the Delightful Desserts chapter too! Filled with fruit, this versatile recipe calls for blueberries but you can use YOUR favorite fruit for a new taste.
Berry Easy Cobbler
Thanks to Sheila Taggiano of Castaic, California for sharing this recipe with us! Special enough for Sunday dinnerbut easy enough to serve on a Tuesday too!
Wfd1-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. plus 1/3 c. sugar, divided
1-1/2 t. baking powder
3/4 c. milk

1/3 c. butter, melted
3 c. blueberries 
Garnish: vanilla ice cream
    or whipped cream
Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl. Add milk and butter; stir until just combined. Spread in a greased 8" x 8" baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with blueberries, then with remaining sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Want to see the other goodies we've shared this week? Click away!
Garlic-Stuffed Steaks

3 comments:

Gone Country said...

Sounds yummy! I've copied it to my recipes and will have to try this! Blueberries are so good for you!

Have a great time with your family!

Gone Country said...

Sounds yummy! I've copied this to my recipes and will have to try this! Blueberries are so good for you!

Have a great time with your family!

Trace4J said...

Love blueberries and will surely try this one.Thanks for sharing.
Glad you and your hubbie are home safe. Have a wonderful week with your family.
Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details