Monday, June 6, 2011

Do You Ever Need A Do Over?



It is a new day~hallelujah! If  I have ever needed a fresh blank page it is today. How about you? Sometimes you just want to start over? When I was little and I played with my aunt ~who is a bit like my big sister~ I could never beat her at anything. She was four years older~oh the times I cried~ "Do over!" Sometimes she was stinky and said~ "NO"~imagine that. But sometimes she would let me have do overs and let me win! "Do overs" are so wonderful. I am so thankful that God always allows ~ "do overs."


Psalm 37:1-8


 1Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
 2For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
 3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
 4Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
 5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
 6And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
 7Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
 8Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil

 Too often we can get caught up in viewing our circumstances and we fail to see the full picture. God is faithful each and every day. I hope you have a Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Amen for do overs! I would not be here if not for do overs! Praising Him this morning for second chances! ~ Jen

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

I always say that my life is like a canvas and God is the artist. The background may be painted but there are so many more details to be added before one can stand back to see and truly appreciate the work of the artist who is a real Master and knows what He is doing. It may even appear messy and uneven at times and it is hard to see just what is being portrayed but God knows! I'm so glad you highlighted verse 7 Carrie. Real works of art take time but I take comfort in knowing the canvas of my life sits in God's studio.

Gone Country said...

Such good verses!

Allison said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing! These verses show how we need to actively be waiting on Him, and God is faithful no matter what the circumstance. What a mighty God we serve!

Barbara said...

Yes amen Carrie, I would love to do over, go back and be saved when I was real young, it would of made such a difference in my life, my ways changed so dramatically I wish I would of did it sooner. Hugs my friend, and very good verses here, have a blessed day.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details