Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's Not All About Me~ Even Though I Want It To Be!








Relationships are what make the world go around~ I mean they are wonderful. But they are so much work! If you have good relations with others, you can weather any trial that comes along on this journey of life. At times when your relationships are strained~ even the slightest problem can seem overwhelming. We truly identify ourselves by our relationships. We must never forget the most important relationship we have is with God. As a Christian~having a good relationship with Him is what makes this life worth living!

No one knows this to be true more than Satan. He will do whatever he can to destroy relationships. One of his tricks is to talk us into having the wrong attitudes about people. 


God created us to walk with Him and love Him. Instead~ from the very beginning of time mankind has chosen wickedness over godliness. Again and again His creation proves to Him that we do not want to do things His way~nope we want things our way most of the time.  Most humans either know nothing of God, or they hate Him telling them what to do or how to live their lives. Most of the time~ He is misquoted, misunderstood, and misrepresented. He has more enemies than I will ever have. Yet~ though He could change everything in a moment to get His way~ He does not. God continues to make the sun rise each morning. He keeps giving us air to breathe and food to eat. He showers us with undeserved blessings each and every day. Yet~ those of us who claim Him as our Father don't give Him the attention and love He deserves.

This realization puts everything in perspective. Even though I want everything to be about me. Well don't think I am selfish ~ what about you?  I mean I want everything to be right, everyone to get along, to have peace, joy and happiness all the time. ~I want life to be a bowl full  of cherries with white picket fences and white lace promises. I don't really want hard times ~do you? As a Christian I know that as we try to walk and follow Christ we are going to have trials and heart aches. 

 The lie that the Devil has us believing is that we deserve better.  When someone mistreats you and that thought comes to your mind~ it is not from the Lord! Satan is whispering in your ear. Jesus never told us to stand up and make others respect us. He told us to take evil and to turn the other cheek .



Matthew 5:39 

 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.


We are very concerned about being treated properly by our husbands, our children and all other mankind. 
Yet~ maybe we need to lower the bar of expectation when it comes to how we expect the world to treat us. I see nowhere in the Gospels that Jesus demanded respect. In fact~ He told people on several occasions not to mention Who He was. He did not want to raise Himself up but to be a servant.  He always  went about doing good .

 Acts 10:38 


 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

When we feel like our feelings have been trampled on and we feel taken for granted it is time to quote this verse.

1 Corinthians 6:7 

  Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

It will serve us best to think about what Christ took for us on the cross and how He takes unjust treatment from the hands of sinful men~ or His children for that matter! Let's face it we all have caused a tear or two to fall from God's eyes. But He continues to love and bless us day after day. What an amazing Father! He will not have to tolerate unfair treatment forever. The day will come when  He will rule and reign in a sinless world. The same is true for us. If we humble ourselves God will exalt us.

1 Peter 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:


Just like my Heavenly Father I want to be about others and not myself~never demanding~ always serving~ and always loving!








Have a wonderful day~ ours is sure to be toasty Tuesday! Summer has hit with a heat wave here at Farming On Faith~and I am loving it! Just had to share my boy at the beach!

3 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Okay, so you wrote this all about me, I get it! Just kidding! But I have been struggling with the way a Christian friend has turned her back on me and quit talking to me, it has broken my heart. Sunday our pastor preached on this very thing and today this. While I continue to reach out to her, God continues to remind me He is always here for me! Excellent post!

Marmee's Pantry said...

Amen. I have learned, especially over this last year, the truth of "A gentle answer turns away wrath" (Prov. 15:1) w/my brother. He's an old hippie-wanna-be/new ager & simply can't stand our family being Christians. He's my only sibling (since my twin only lived 4hrs) & even though I want to have a good relationship w/him, all anyone in our family can do at family occasions is wait on pins & needles for him to say something completely foul or mean or fly into a rage b/c he thinks someone looked at him wrongly. But I am determined to "be Jesus" & remain calm...even, sometimes, as I'm walking out the door of wherever we are or calmly asking him to leave our home.

It's taken a while, but we feel that in remaining calm, maybe he will see the truth of his actions & maybe he will see the "Jesus" in us & one day want what we have instead of hate us for Jesus' sake.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Trace4J said...

Morning Carrie.
Boy I sure needed this post this morning. Guess I am kinda having a pity party for myself and needed some gentile reminding. Its not all about me!
Thank you.
Hugs Granny Trace
P.s love the precious pictures of Boston

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details