Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Little Things~




Psalm 100:4 

 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise:
 be thankful unto him, and bless his name.


Sometimes we women have a hard time staying content. We are always wanting something new, something better, something brighter. How many times ~I have thought if I could just go to Target
(  I am not real high dollar shopper) fill up a shopping cart  and get everything I think I need for my house to be organized and make life better and prettier. Have you ever echoed that thought before?  
The Scriptures are clear that a thankful heart is a happy heart. To have complete happiness we must enter into the Lord's presence with thanksgiving.  True happiness can not be bought or sought! It only comes from spending time with God in a close relationship. Everything else will only leave us feeling empty inside. God made us this way~with a need for Him. When we try to put our husbands, children or things in this spot we will be unhappy!  I have found in my own life that when I am appreciative for all I have, and I am reading my Bible, and praying my mental, physical, and spiritual dimensions are in balance with each other. My chores run smoother and the mood of my home is peaceful. I find I am excited to jump out of bed every day challenged for what may come my way.

In our material world ~we need to take our eyes off the "stuff" and become women of thanksgiving. When we remain thankful, the possessions will be in proper perspective and happiness will not elude us. Lets focus today on all our blessings and the little things!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I have particularly noticed in the past year that I don't do well on ANYTHING when I neglect my morning time in the Word! Thanks for this post.
Jackie

Gone Country said...

Great post! I think this is something many Christian women know but tend to forget because it's so easy to get caught up in worldliness! We're bombarded with it daily! Thanks for the great reminder!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details