Friday, April 17, 2015

Yummy Cherry Jelly~


Homemade Cherry Jelly~ 


PSALM 34:8 


 8O taste and see that the LORD is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in him.


I love to buy jelly and jam from My Amish Friends~it is oh so good. Last year I started making my own. My neighbor brought us some wild cherries. Oh this recipe is so good and simple. ENJOY!

I did pit mine because they had worms and I wanted to make sure we had no worm jelly~tehe!

3 1/2 c. cherry juice (about 3 lb. or 2 qt. boxes sour cherries and 1/2 c. water)
1 pkg. powdered pectin
4 1/2 c. sugar

To prepare juice. Select fully ripe cherries. Soft; wash and remove stems. Do not pit. Crush cherries, add water and cover. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Extract juice.To make jelly: measure juice into a kettle. Add pectin and stir well. Place on high heat and stir constantly. Bring quickly to a boil that cannot be stirred down. Add sugar, continue stirring and heat again to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute. Remove from heat; skim off foam from top quickly. Pour jelly immediately into hot containers and seal. Makes about 6 (8 ounce) glasses.


Have a blessed day~

4 comments:

Camille said...

Oh Carrie...these photos are sooo gorgeous!!! It's so lovely. :) Enjoy your preserves...yum yum!!

Sending you hugs across the miles!
Blessings,
Camille

stephanie harvey said...

Yum! Looks so good!

Sue said...

I have always wanted to make cherry jam, thanks for the recipe. Your photos are beautiful!! Enjoyed your last post on being thrown from the boat of life, so timely for me.
Blessings,
Sue

Down On The Farm said...

Oh my that looks DELISH!! Wish I was there . . . with a biscuit and a cup of hot tea and some of that jelly !!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details