Saturday, September 3, 2011

Amish Frozen Spaghetti Sauce~ It's Going To Be A Fabulous Today





Homemade Frozen Spaghetti Sauce~Amish Recipe


2 large onions~2 cups
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup oil
12 large tomatoes
2 cups water
2 tbs instant beef broth granules or you can use cubes
4 tsp. leaf basil
1 tsp. oregano
2 bay leaves
2 tsp. salt
1 (12 oz.) can tomato paste

In a large kettle, saute onion, garlic in oil in until soft. Stir in peeled, cored and chopped. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer one hour, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens. Freeze in containers. Yield 3 quarts.
When ready to use, thaw and add browned meat. Simmer while pasta is cooking.



**********************************************************

I am bursting at the seams because I am going to spend the day with my favorite guys and we are heading to White Cloud, Kansas to attend a huge Flea Market. Hope to find some treasures! Have a fantastic day! 
A day of "junkin" is just what this girl needs!

Sparks Flea Market Booth
“Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.” Isaiah 48:17 KJV


8 comments:

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Carrie -- what a fabulous day you have on tap. Looking forward to seeing what treasures you find :)

Blessings!
Gail

P.S. Have you entered in for my giveaway -- only a couple more days to enter!

NanaNor's said...

Thank you so much....blessings to you this weekend. Hugs, Noreen

Quiltingranny said...

Have a blast Carrie.

mommyx12 said...

I hope you have a great day 'junkin.' Sounds exciting.

Tanya said...

Hi dear friend,
I'm so behind with blogging and reading and commenting. It has not been a good start to the school year. We are doing better and trying to get our feet under us. Sorrow takes so much out of a person. Joy of thoughts of heaven however keep us faithful. I know things will get better.
SOOOOOOO happy for your fun day! I'm a Kansas girl and not even sure where White Cloud is! HA! I'll get out the map!
Can't wait to see all your bargains!
Hugs and blessings,
Tanya

Marydon said...

Have a beautiful trip & day, Carrie. The sauce sounds yummy!

Hope you have a beautiful holiday weekend
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Flat Creek Farm said...

Sounds wonderful! Both the Spaghetti sauce.. and the trip! Hope you'll update us with allll the details :) -Tammy

Heather said...

I can't wait to get my printer I can't print out your recipes right now!! I really want to make this. I would have to probably used canned tomatoes though the produce is really hit or miss. I made a really nice pasta sauce last night with mushrooms. I also need to figure out how to make applesauce they do not sell it here? not sure why ~Thanks for sharing have fun on your Holiday weekend no holiday here!! ~Love Heather

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details