Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Far Better Place~




This week started out as any other week for me. I had things to do ~people to see ~ places to go. Only I did not get those things done~ I didn't keep my appointments I had made with people and I never went to the places I needed to go.  Monday night it appears my father went outside for a walk or maybe to get some fresh air ~ he suffered a heart attack and went to a far better place.

Nothing else mattered to me this week~ only my Dad! My Dad was no religious man nor was he a church man. But my mom remembers a time he asked God to forgive him of his sins and he received him as his Saviour. To me that is just the best information in the whole wide world. He never grew spiritually nor did he ever overcome his addictions but I have assurance I will see him again in a "Far Better Place." My Dad is whole this morning ~all the burdens of this old world have been lifted.

I have to admit my heart has been broken as it never before has~ I have gone to sleep with tears in my eyes to wake up crying~ but one day I will go to this "Far Better Place" and God will wipe away all my tears. What a glorious day that will be.


One day we who claim the name of Jesus will go to that place where there is "no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying." Not only will God wipe away all our tears but there will be no more pain~ no more addiction.

Revelation 21:4

King James Version (KJV)

 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

This life is not all there is. There is a Far Better Place that Jesus is preparing for those who love Him and place their trust in Him.


John 14:2-3

King James Version (KJV)

 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

In that Far Better Place~ 
when life has ended we will feel God's embrace;
We will forever live with no pain or sorrow
 in that Far Better Place. 



Today I will celebrate that my Dad is in that Far Better Place.


13 comments:

soraya3 ღ said...

AMEN.. WHAT A GREAT POST..AND WHAT A GREAT THRUTH HE IS IN A BETTER PLACE ..WE ALL WILL BE WE THAT HAVE CLAIMED JESUS AS SAVIOR..SISTER..MY RESPECTS FOR YOU IN THESE DIFFICULT MOMENTS.. MY MOM ALSO NEVER WENT TO CHURCH BUT SHE AT LAST AT HER DAYS OF SICKNESS SHE ACCEPT JESUS.. CHRISTIANS PRAY WITH HER.. I DID THAT BEFORE FROM THE MOMENT I CAME TO BELIEVE .. I TALK SO MUCH TO HER.. AND WHEN SHE DIED JESUS GIVE ME A WONDERFUL DREAMS.. HOW I SAW HER FACE VERY JONG MY HUSBAND TOLD ME NEW LIFE! I BELIEVE IN DREAMS.. OH THE LORD GIVE ME SUCH WONDERFUL DREAMS.. PRAISE HIM NAME..HAVE A BLESSED SATURDAY..TAKE CARE...WE PRAY FOR YOU.. FRIEND..
LOVES FROM HOLLAND

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Carrie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My parents have both passed and I feel all alone sometimes. Then I remember the scriptures that comfort me and tell me that God will never leave me. It took some time but now I see that just because I can't see, touch and talk to my parents daily. They are still with me. I can feel their presence through God, and the beauty around me. He has gone to a better place.

Carey

Mrs.B said...

I'm sorry for your loss, this is never easy.

Quiltingranny said...

Carrie, I feel your pain as I lost both my parents last year within a short time frame. I know they are still with me as I have had dreams of them over the past year during some difficult times! Amen to your post. My tears are for your loss and joy at knowing he is whole!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Carrie friend, I am so glad that you know he is in a better place and that someday you will be together again. I hold you in my prayers.

Sue said...

And that one day we will both see our fathers once again in that Beautiful land, Carrie.

I am still praying for God's comfort over you. Hugs.

Tanya said...

Carrie,
Thinking of you and know that these days ahead will feel so lonely and sad. It seems like when things calm and the life here on Earth returns to the routines of everyday living, that is when it is hard. Take the time to grieve and enjoy happy good memories. Do that for yourself....and remember how lucky, how blessed we are to have the gift of eternity and salvation to look forward to.
Thinking of you in this tender time. Lean on your family.
Blessings,
Tanya

Life In a Little House said...

Praying for you Carrie may God bring you comfort and peace~ Love Heather

Heather said...

Praying for you Carrie may God bring your comfort and peace ~ xoxo Love Heather

April said...

Carrie, I'm sorry I wasn't able to offer my condolences sooner. I am sorry for your loss, and pray that God continues to bring you comfort and peace.

Charlotte said...

Peace and grace,
Charlotte

Marmee's Pantry said...

Dearest Carrie ~ You & I will be "sisters united" this week; my mother passed away last night at 11:40p.m. est. I was holding her hand, stoking her head & telling her that I love her. Now my mother & daddy are re-united at the foot of the Throne. What a wonder.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

amber waves of grain said...

Praying for you. I understand what you're feeling. I lost my dad two months ago, and there are many evenings that I still fall asleep crying. Trusting in God's plan.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details