Thursday, September 15, 2011

Goodbye Dad~ See Ya Soon!


"Strong Enough"
You must
You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through
Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own
I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not stong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us
Well, maybe
Maybe that's the point
To reach the point of giving up
Cause when I'm finally
Finally at rock bottom
Well, that's when I start looking up
And reaching out
I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not stong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
Cause I'm broken
Down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God
and you are strong
When I am weak
I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
Carrie Nation~Shindorf


What a day!..I woke up this morning about 5:30 to sound of emergency tones paging out Rescue 10 to 907 Riverview for a man down, which is not at all uncommon except 907 Riverview is where the Man I knew as Dad lived! Although like Johnny he was no saint, had alot of demons and never a religious man, But my mother remembers the day he asked God for forgivness and to save his Soul. So when that day comes there Aint No Grave!... I'll see him on the other side : ) 
William Nation~Martinez

Well, Not looking forward to today. We will lay to rest today my favorite uncle and one of "MY"most respected men in my life. What a hero in my eyes. When I was growing up he was "The Man". Men feared Him and women loved him. Remember how people felt when Billy Jack showed up take care of the bully's? Thats how I felt whenever I would be somewhere and my uncle Bill would show up. In my eyes he was invincible. I truly loved this man and my heart is aching as im typing this. So , Uncle Bill Rest In Peace and see you on the other side. Give our family a big hug~ from Ricky Dale.



We will miss you Grandpa


You will be missed Grandpa. Wishing I could be with my family today. I love you all and I am praying for grace, peace, and comfort for everyone.




Capture all the life you can today... You never know if you will have tomorrow.





Grandpa

Not an easy day.  Two days ago my uncle who is a firefighter heard a call come over the radio.  The call was for a man down and the address they gave was the address of my grandfather.  It was his heart.  We all knew he had a weak heart.... but the man seemed almost invincible.
I was not close to my grandpa growing up... but I knew him, and I loved him... and I knew he loved me.
As I type these words my family is gathering two thousand miles away from where I am to remember my grandpa and lay his body to rest.... but he won't be in that grave.   We are all so thankful that there was a time in my grandfather's life when he asked Christ to save his soul.
My heart is aching for my family and because I cannot be there.
Time does not heal all wounds.  There will be an empty space in all of our hearts until Jesus makes everything whole and right again.  Even so, come Lord Jesus!     Ashley Rodriguez



5 comments:

Treasures Evermore said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Praying!!!

Tanya said...

Dear Carrie,
I was so shocked to read your post and my heart goes out to you and your family. I unfortunately am too familiar with the pain of losing a Dad and a Dad in Law in one year. My Dad passed away July 3, 2010 and my Father in Law August 22, 2011. We are still in pain I must say. I will lift you in prayer...I will pray for ease of pain and sorrow. God bless you as you go through these really hard days ahead. May you have comfort in each other and in the memories. Take care of yourself and your family. Thinking of you during this time.
Hugs,
Tanya

Boho Farm and Home said...

I am so sorry to hear this Carrie...Jesus is a strong and mighty tower...full of comfort.
Big Hug to you
xoxo
Caroline

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Dear Carrie, I am so so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family. My own father died two years ago and I am still feeling his loss despite the fact that we were not always close... Be patient and kind with yourself. May God Bless!
(((hugs)))
Leslie

Regan Family Farm said...

Dear Carrie,
I've been gone for a bit, so I just saw your post...so very sorry for losing your dad, but ever thankful you have the confidence of seeing him again in Glory.
Hugs,
Kathy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details