Thursday, October 27, 2011

Austin, Texas

I stepped off the plane when I landed in Texas and the stewardess says to me, "I love your hair." I grew up in the 80's and I have a full round face so my hair is a bit big and always has been. I was so excited- I am at home in the land of big hair. To be honest I am a Midwestern girl to my very core. This Missouri girl loves Texas.

Yesterday we toured the State Capitol of Texas and I have to tell you it is one of the most beautiful historical buildings I have ever seen. It was built in the late 1800's and the craftsman of that time is my favorite. It is just breathtaking. So glad I was able to see it. I have pictures but I am tapping away on an I-Pad- not easy for blogging. I will share pictures soon.

I was blessed by a little get away from My Brian and I am catching my breathe and getting some much needed rest.

I had great plans to sit by the beautiful pool here at the Onmni Hotel but the 90 degree weather has just turned into a high of 65 degrees for today. I think I may have brought my Missouri autumn weather with me.

Autumn in Texas is a sight to see. The tropical trees with pumpkins just don't seem to go together. And the stylish boots for fall here are paired with shorts and short sleeves-I always wondered how that went. Too cute! All in all Texas is one of my favorite places to visit.I am off to enjoy my day for all to soon I will be back to every day life.

I will be back soon.... Have a blessed day.

8 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Well welcome to my State and my home town. Enjoy...may God bring you rest as you see Austin. It is a different city. Enjoy, enjoy!!! I hope you get to see all of it's beauty.

We are headed down there next weekend...your post makes me home sick...but I still live in Texas.

Blessings...have a wonderful trip.

Tanya said...

AHHHHHHHHHH I'm so jealous and envious! I can't help it! ;0) How fun! How relaxing! That is so awesome that your sweet hubby planned a get a way! I've been through Austin but never toured it or stayed there! I'm sure you are just having a blast and that is so great! Enjoy and just breathe in and enjoy it....like you said....it's always back to reality!
Can't wait to see pictures!
:0)
Hugs,
Tanya

HOPE said...

I some family in Georgetown..a lovely college town. I hope to visit Austin one day myself.

Funny how the weather changed on you...it seems to follow us too..like going to upstate NY to cool off last Sept...and it happened to be ONE of the warmest weeks of the YEAR...SIGH.

ENJOY your rest time...
HOPE

Sue said...

Enjoy Texas, Carrie. We used to live there for seven years and miss it quite often. It is a great place.

Amy said...

Have fun in quirky Austin! We were going to head over on Sat. for the Longhorn game but can't make it after all. Have fun!! I pray it is a restful, peaceful, rejuvenation of your mind and heart! Amy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I've always loved big hair! :) Enjoy your visit in Texas!

Tammy

Trace4J said...

Have a wonderful trip!
Blessings Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Patty said...

Carrie, welcome to Texas ! I hope you enjoy your stay here. If you brought this cool weather with you, we thank you. After two months of over 100 degrees, we are very, very thankful for Fall. You won't see fall colors on the trees here, but it has another beauty if you watch for it. The afternoons will be lovely this week, so I hope you get in some sightseeing. Have a great time.

Patty
in Castroville, a little Alsatian town west of San Antonio (you'll have to visit here some day)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details