Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Something More To Give~



When evangelist John Wesley (1703–1791) was returning home from a service one night, he was robbed. The thief, however, found his victim to have only a little money and some Christian literature.
As the bandit was leaving, Wesley called out, “Stop! I have something more to give you.” The surprised robber paused. “My friend,” said Wesley, “you may live to regret this sort of life. If you ever do, here’s something to remember: ‘The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin!’” The thief hurried away, and Wesley prayed that his words might bear fruit.
Years later, Wesley was greeting people after a Sunday service when he was approached by a stranger. What a surprise to learn that this visitor, now a believer in Christ and a successful businessman, was the one who had robbed him years before! “I owe it all to you,” said the transformed man. “Oh no, my friend,” Wesley exclaimed, “not to me, but to the precious blood of Christ that cleanses us from all sin!”

Mr Wesley really did have something more to give that night~ the good news of salvation.

 In the past month in coming to the reality of my father's early death I have been processing some things in my mind. Maybe realizing that some of my ideas and priorities need a little changing, My father was not able to take a thing with him that he thought was important. In fact I have his wallet on my dresser with all his important information. Only he doesn't need them anymore.

The only thing that really matters is reaching souls for eternity and giving them the good news that Jesus died to pay their sin debt and that He wants them to spend eternity in Heaven with Him.


1 John 1:9

King James Version (KJV)

 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.



There is a fountain filled with blood

Drawn from Immanuel’s veins;
And sinners, plunged beneath that flood,
Lose all their guilty stains. —Cowper


6 comments:

Sue said...

Great post, Carrie. Praise to Jesus who cleanses us from all our sins.

Barbara said...

Amen, yes there is always something more to give, praise God we can give the account of our salvation experience, and share what God has did for us, I never get tired of sharing his word, God bless you Carrie, hope your day is just filled with blessings from the Father, lots of hugs too.

Down On The Farm said...

Beautiful Carrie. There is only ONE THING that we can't live without, and that is His precious blood. What a lovely reminder today!

The Whirling Dirvish said...

prayers and hugs my friend. thank you for sharing.

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
I've missed you! But knew you were probably busy, busy, busy!
I need a new recipe! Hint hint! ;0)
Hugs,
Tanya

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Yes and Amen...blessings and prayers as your family goes through this season, May you feel His loving arms around you daily.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details