Monday, October 24, 2011

They Don't Know That I Go Running Home When I Fall Down







MARK 6:30-32

30And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught.
31And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.
32And they departed into a desert place by ship privately.
I feel like sometimes I am spinning so many plates. Oh now hold on a minute~I have not lost my mind. I am not literally spinning plates. It would be a good reason to get some new ones though~I have a dish fetish! That's another devotion on being content! Metaphorically speaking I feel at times I have so many things I am focusing on at one time: my walk with God, prayer, Bible reading, homeschooling, chickens, homemaking, meals,  all my irons in the fire~ etc.... You know it is now called multi~tasking. Sometimes it leaves me energized when all the plates are spinning and I am getting it all done~other times it leaves me harried and frazzled! I get my attention divided in too many directions.

This morning my plates are all spinning~ a few have hit the ground so to speak.  My heart is heavy and grieving this morning over several different issues. In fact ~never have I had so many major emotional events happen in my life at one moment in time. To be honest, I am so tired~ do you ever just get tired? I have been knocked down~ but I know where to go when I fall down.

 Life as much as we want it to be is just not perfect. Life is busy and at times, it is just plain hard. If we are not careful these task, these burdens, distractions will cause our relationship with the Lord to suffer. When we are tired, when we are carrying a burden, when we just can't get it all together, when we are grieving ~WE NEED TO RUN HOME TO THE FATHER!
God doesn't want to be penciled in our schedules.
We can experience supernatural rest that is only found in Him. He wants us to come with Him to a quiet place and rest awhile. When life is hard I imagine myself crawling into His lap and laying my head on His shoulder and just crying my heart out to Him~it is amazing the peace He brings to my heart no matter how difficult life may be. Yes~He gives me sweet rest and peace.
You know one day life will go on without me and I will be in the presence with My God. With that in focus~I can start my plates a~ spinning but God chooses the outcome. I can trust God to keep them all spinning~AMEN!

1 comment:

Marmee's Pantry said...

WOW! Your title threw me for a loop ~ I used to sing that Twila Paris song at churches...gee...back in the 80's? A blast from the past. Thanks for the reminder.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details