Thursday, October 20, 2011

What Kind Of Person Are You?




What Kind Of Person Are You?



Phillipians 2:4  "Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others."




Two Kinds Of People
 
There are two kinds of people on earth today,
Just two kinds of people, no more, I say,
Not the good and the bad, for 'tis well understood
The good are half bad, and the bad are half good.
 
Not the happy and the sad, for the swift flying years
Bring each man his laughter and each man his tears.
Not the rich and the poor, for to count a man's wealth
You must know the state of his conscience and health.
 
Not the humble and proud, for in life's busy span
Who puts on vain airs is not counted a man.
No! The two kinds of people on earth I mean
Are the people who lift, and the people who lean.
 
Wherever you go you will find the world's masses
Are ever divided in just these two classes.
And, strangely enough, you will find, too, I mean,
There is only one lifter to twenty who lean.
 
This one question I ask, Are you easing the load
Of overtaxed lifters who toil down the road?
Or are you a leaner who lets others bear
Your portion of worry and labor and care?
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Hebrews 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.


I tell you I just don't know how life can get any busier. The more I hurry~the farther I get behind. My to do list wakes me up each morning with more than I can possibly get done. So ~this morning I am talking with my Heavenly Father and asking for His help. I am so thankful He listens and He cares. Right now is a busy time in the Shindorf Household. However~I am so thankful God has jobs for us to be busy about!

My only concern is that with such busy agendas I just might forget what is most important in life. My God~My Brian~My Children~Others! I never want to get so busy that I fail to love and help others.  I need to constantly remind myself to lift my eyes off my duties and make sure others are not forgotton


Oddly enough~ animals go into hibernation this time of year. And some people do too!  As nice as that seems right now~ we are in the middle of moving to our new church and I am painting away trying to get the nurseries ready for the first service. I am tired.


 We must stay alert. Is there someone who needs a call? Someone who needs a hug? Someone who needs a homemade loaf of bread? Many elderly people live in isolation~don't let them be alone week after week. Please help cheer someone else's day.


If we just open our eyes and take our eyes off ourselves we will be amazed at the needs we can help fill. I hope this article will challenge you to go, this week, and do something nice for someone else. Be a lifter not a leaner.





1 comment:

pilgrimscottage said...

A very good post and reminder to those who are the called of God to be in the image of Christ.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details