Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Need A Pill~



PSALM 119:11 


Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

The past few days while I have not felt well I took a little cold pill and it worked wonderful. When it wore off I would take another one. I wish there was a " fruit- of- the- spirit" pill. That way each morning I could just take a pill and when it wore off I could  take another one.

 I would bubble over with love, joy, faith, patience, and so on.  If only I could invent such a pill. The label would read, "One a day will keep the grouchies away!" I am sure my family would be the first to stock up on such a remedy!

Some days I just wake up grumbly! The culprit could be hormones, lack of sleep, over commitment,  pre-menopause, the price of tea in China , and all the above. However~ they would only be excuses!
On such days I am forced to withdraw and do some self-examination. 

Almost always I find the real  reason for my condition is that I have come unplugged from my power source. I have to go to the throne of God and connect to my power source once again~My Heavenly Father! He can conquer the drudgery of daily life! Most generally I have neglected my quiet time with the Master! So to speak there really is a "fruit-of-the-spirit" pill~it is reading our Bible and praying. Have you had your pill today?




3 comments:

www.FarmLifelessons.blogspot.com said...

So true!! I read my Bible this morning and even through difficult times, He provides me with such comfort and peace that I'd not have within me unless I had the Lord's strength to bolster my own faltering strength.

Lana

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

Mmmm...I needed this pill today. :) I was so grumpy and I *knew* it. So I had to say a little prayer of confession and the Lord turned my heart back to cheerfulness. He is so good.

Treasures Evermore said...

Oh my sweet friend...you just hit the nail on the head.

I have been fighting strep for three weeks...cannot lick it. Feeling totally down all the while babysitting my grandson for eight days as dd and SIL are in Cuba being part of a wedding party.

And I must admit, I'm feeling a bit grumpy myself...and down. Thank you for the reminder...cause I haven't read my bible since being sick. Even though I pray throughout my entire day...I need more....His Word. Thank you!!!!

Sending hugs your way,
Connie

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details