Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Me and Christmas~










1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I like both but I like wrapped gifts the best!

2. Real tree or Artificial?
For sure ~a real Christmas tree~I love the smell!
I do have a real pretty artificial tree and I reserve the right to use it if I have to!
So far I have three trees up and I plan on getting a real one too~ for my son's in law! 

3. When do you put up the tree?

Normally I put it up on Black Friday. This year it went up sooner due to the schedule.
Good thing I did because the past two weeks have been spent in the hospital and taking 
care of my Momma.

4. When do you take the tree down?

In most years past it comes down the day after Christmas.
I decorate the house for New Years ~clean fresh and full of snow flakes to
be replaced with Valentine decorations.
So I keep some greenery up until after Valentines Day.
It brightens the long Missouri winter.

5. Do you like eggnog?
To tell you the truth I have not tried it since I was a teenager.
I didn't like it then. I buy it for my family because they all like it.
I have some in my fridge~maybe I will try it again!


6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My Baby Alive Doll~it was the very first year they came out!
I remember sitting under the Christmas tree that night
with only the Christmas lights on~ feeding and changing her diaper!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Brian~ Alex ~ and Jacob

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My Mom

9. Do You have a nativity scene?
Yes~maybe I will take a picture for you.
My Brian's Grandmother made and painted it. She was such a great painter.
It is very special to us~ as she will celebrate Christmas this year with Jesus!
It is one of my prized treasures! She painted it in bright colors ~
which reminds me of her . She was always so full of fun and color.


10.Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail... for sure. I hate the thought of never having mail delivered.
Surely we will never come that!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I just can't think of any! I am blessed!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Its A Wonderful Life...it brings me warm and fuzzy memories!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
December 26Th, does that surprise ANYONE!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Only if I have to!.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
The traditional Christmas ham, mashed potatoes, 7 layer salad, fresh cranberry relish~yum!

16. Lights on the tree?
On the tree? I have lights on all  of my trees and everywhere else!
I love Christmas lights~just makes me happy.

17.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We will be staying home and all my kids will be coming home ~ makes this momma happy~ on Christmas Eve. Then open presents early and head to my moms for dinner.

I love spending it with all my family!

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Contrary to my children's wishes every year to cheat and open gifts early~
It is always Christmas morning before my chickens are awake!
I am a "It has to be the day~ Girl."


Now it is your turn and come back to let me know so I can read your answers.
 Just thinking about all these questions puts me in the Christmas spirit. So go ahead and play along!



2 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I did this a few years ago. It really is a lot of fun getting to know you better! Hope your mom is doing better!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

HI! What a fun post! I enjoyed all your answers! This seems like fun, so I will put my answers on my blog and play along like you asked.
Merry Christmas!
Susie
http://littlesusiehomemaker-lilsusiehomaker.blogspot.com/

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details