Friday, November 11, 2011

Scents Of The Season~ Bath Salt Recipe ~Frugal Gift Idea






Scents of The Season Bath Salt Recipe~

3 packages of flavored Kool-Aid ( w/o sugar)
3 quart container of Epsom salt
Essential Oil ~optional ~add to salt for the white layer


If layering ~split the container up into three different bowls and use a different color/scent for each layer.  I left one layer white and added some scent. 
I found all my ingredients at the $ Store except for my essential oil but that can be bought there too. I thought the sugar shaker would be good to shake the salt out into the bath water. 


I am making a cranberry~ orange one for Christmas.  I think strawberry ~lime would be nice too!  The possibilities are endless. 


You can seal your jar with warm paraffin or put in a bottle with a cork to keep the colors from moving. Add a bow and a cute tag and what a frugal gift homemade from the heart!




Welcome to Farming On Faith all you Friday Farmgirls~ 
So glad you stopped by.

6 comments:

Regina from The Queenly Abode said...

I would love to make these, can you go into a little more detail regarding the kool-aid. Do you mix it with the salt? Also how would you get the cranberry-orange, is that kool aid too? One more question...will it turn the water the kool aid color?
Sorry so many questions,
Regina

Anonymous said...

yes...i had the same question. :) thanks! great idea!

mountain mama

Farming On Faith said...

You just add the kool-aid to the salt.
I used orange kool-aid and added some cranberry oil.

The bath water turns a little color but not enough to stain your skin or the tub. Kind-of a fun color. I love it!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What a great idea, Carrie! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy

Cheryl said...

I love this idea, have been looking for gifts to make for some co-workers, this would be great.

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks for sharing Carrie! Great idea for stockings!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details