Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wordless Wednesday~ Austin Texas

Inside the State Capital Building






 The best little dive where I ate the best hamburger I have ever eaten~no kidding!





This is a coconut custard in a chocolate bowl~ so yummy.

Historic Hotel Driskill~ 
 We are standing in the safe~guest would check their valuables here for safekeeping.
President Johnson and Lady Bird Johnson had their first date at the Driskill. 
Both President Lyndon B. Johnson and President George W. Bush 
opened up an office here and waited for their election results.
It is just beautiful and next time I come to Austin I will be staying here.





“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;” 1 Peter 2:9 KJV


4 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

You captured it beautifully!!! My husband played the piano at the Driskill on Monday night for years.
Thanks for sharing my home city and all her glory.

cindy said...

I’m amazed at the history behind the hotel. It looks very grand.

Treasures Evermore said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time...so now...disect the hamburger for me...and see if I could try and copy it LOL...sure would love to try.

Connie

Anonymous said...

I love old building. The archicture in some of them is pretty magnificent.

That coconut custard looks delicious.
Vickie

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details