Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Bestest Sugar Cookies In The World~

My Sister and her Family~
It is just not Christmas until you finish the Sugar Cookies.  My sister makes the best sugar cookies in the world~ just ask my husband. He likes hers better than mine even when I use her recipe. LOL

So here is Angie's recipe!



Angie's Sugar Cookie Recipe
2 cups sugar
1 cup Crisco
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cream of tartar
5 cups of flour
scant of salt

* Cream sugar and Crisco together until light and fluffy.

* Beat in eggs.

* Add milk and vanilla.

* Add in sifted flour cream of tartar, baking soda and baking powder ~ slowly.

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake. Take from oven when just lightly golden.

Frosting~

2 pounds powdered sugar
2 Tbs. Butter
2 tsp. almond flavoring
evaporated milk to desired texture


Yummy~ now just serve with ice cold milk. They are sure to be Santa's favorite cookie in my house anyways!


     ***************************************







12 comments:

Mrs.C said...

Your sister has a beautiful family!

Oh my, that Boston is getting cuter than ever! I know you all are going to have a blast this Christmas, God's blessings to you all, as you celebrate our Savior's birth this season.

pilgrimscottage said...

I hope you have a great time together!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

These look so good! I've not had too much success with sugar cookies and am going to try this recipe in the next few days! Your grandson is so adorable!!! Enjoy your visit!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

That made me smile Carrie, that Brian likes your sister's cookies better than yours - they must be good and going by those quantities they must make a good size batch. I need to use up some eggs today as I have tonnes! About time I tried a new recipe out but right now my daughter is in the kitchen making a slice that uses oats and chocolate. It is for her boss and the other workers at the dairy farm.
I can just imagine how excited you are to have Boston coming to visit. Give my love to Ashley!

Patty said...

Thanks for the sugar cookie recipe. I was just thinking today that I might make some. Your little grandson is growing so fast. I hope you have a great visit and Merry Christmas to all!

Treasures Evermore said...

Oh my goodness that little Boston is getting cuter by the day. What a handsome guy. So excited for you spending time with your family...and will be trying your recipe for sugar cookies.

Blessings,
Connie

Tanya said...

Oh Grammy Carrie....You are going to have soooooooo much fun! He is growing like a little weed! So adorable and handsome! Looks like "a little boy" now. I can't wait to hear you tell all the fun you have. What a fun Christmas you will have with everyone home and a wedding! So happy for you to feel some joy in your heart.
Thinking of you,
Tanya

Lady Farmer said...

Carrie~
It's been forever since I have dropped in. Thanks for sharing your sister's recipe for sugar cookies! They sound just like the ones my grandma used to make.

Your little sweetie is getting so BIG! Where does the time go? Looks like you will have a jolly Christmas with that little fellow at your home!
Blessings!

April said...

Yummy! I've been looking for a good, cut-out sugar cookie recipe and these sound delicious. Looking forward to trying them today. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me get well wishes, it meant a lot. God bless and Merry Christmas!

Farmchick said...

Yum!! This cookie recipe looks similar to mine...:) Stop by and say hi. :)

~Dawn~ said...

Confused...when do you add in the soda, powder, tartar and salt? With the flour I am guessing---correct? I do not have a sugar cookie recipe and plan to give this one a try!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

I really like the idea of using almond flavoring in the icing-that has GOT to be good, and I will give it a try!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details