Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Choose Life~



Ephesians 1:11

King James Version (KJV)

 11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:


At some point all of us will encounter a situation that will forever alter our lives. A knock on the door, a call in the night, a diagnosis from the Doctor~ that changes the future as we know it.

The question is how do we respond to the new normal? Will we withdraw  from society closing the blinds to the world? Umm~ maybe for a little while. How long do we focus on our own personal pain and deep grief?

It seems to take a long time to find meaning and purpose when you are in the middle or just come through difficult circumstances. It feels much like you are dry to the bones in the middle of the desert.

Where do we start?  I think maybe it starts with choosing life instead of a slow death~ rediscovering hope.


John 10:10

King James Version (KJV)
 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 




Jesus~Himself came that we may have life. Life instead of death. Hope instead of despair. Even joy in the midst of our sorrow. This year for me is a year for a new kind of living~harder, but better in some ways, than before. Maddening because we hate the process but richer because of the pain.

 Choose to Live ~ Pure and Simple. It's a choice~ a new kind of normal.

 My Brian sent me this picture of myself yesterday with a little note~ "Remember this?"  And of course I do. It was a photo he snapped of me on our honeymoon. We had the best trip of all times. The picture reminded me of the hopes and dreams we shared as a young couple. Just what I needed! This journey has not been without difficulties but it sure has been sweet.

Today I choose to live and live life to the fullest!

10 comments:

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I'm with you!!!! :)

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Great post Carrie, I was reading John this morning and I choose Life too!

Sue said...

Hi Carrie!

This is a great post! I choose life too. It's a great thought for the start of a new year.

Blessings to you this new year!

Sue

Marydon said...

What a gorgeous picture of you, Carrie. I agree.
Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

cindy said...

I really enjoyed your testimony. It truly hits home for me. We lost our son, Joshua, in November, 2003. He would be 25 this February 3.

Talk about choosing to live or die. Basically that is what I need to decide on a daily basis. Sounds so simple doesn’t it? Just a decision. I’m choosing to live but not fully. Your blog really put it into perspective.

Thank you,
Cindy

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

Long ago, I learned that even when you are told that you are dying, you can CHOOSE to LIVE each moment, up until the moment death arrives. LIVE life UNTIL you die, don't begin to embrace death before it's time. The Lord has continued to give me 2nd chances, 3rd, 4th, 5th and the doctors have been perplexed, but I am grateful for each reprieve so that I may be with my earthly family a bit longer; however, I'm not afraid of death any longer. I am free because I choose to live life and savor its beauty until the moment I'm no longer able to be a part of this world.

May God give everyone the grace to know that death has a very limited hold upon us...if you live with love and eyes of amazement at the beauty around us, in spite of hardship, you will indeed find LIFE in the midst of difficulties.

Thank you for sharing this --- it hit home with me in a very deep manner.

Tanya said...

Thank you so much for those positive, uplifting, let's go forward concept! I choose to walk with you on this one....Let's Live!
Love,
Tanya

Heather said...

Beautiful picture....how sweet!! May we all embrace every day that the Lord places before us and live it with Joy! ~Love Heather

Liane said...

I choose to live.

Camille said...

What a sweet thing to do...sending you that photo from your honeymoon. :) Hang in there Carrie...the LORD is with you each step of this journey.

Many Blessings,
Camille

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details