Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Smiling~

Psalm 5:11

King James Version (KJV)

 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice:
 let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: 
let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

It is important to know that whatever it is that threatens to crush your spirit~ and rob your joy today will not necessary be here tomorrow, next week or even next year. Life goes on~circumstances change. The sun will come up tomorrow.

This reminder is enough to bring a respite to the soul. From here perhaps a glimmer of light can peek through the darkness. We must never forget that God in His sovereign love and power~ holds our lives in His hands and works according to His will.

My security~ my hope~ my peace and my joy come from knowing that this true. God expects my participation in how that I perceive the events in my life. I decide if I am going to view my experiences in a positive or a negative lens.

If I choose to look at life through those negative glasses then my life will feel out of whack. I have a choice and so do you. I don't have to be down hearted ~ and sad when the sky appears dark. I have the option to smile ~chuckle~laugh~and look for joy in the dark places. 

Today I am smiling~ I pray you are too!
Have a good and Godly day :)



6 comments:

Patty said...

Keep smiling!

Treasures Evermore said...

So very true. My day yesterday could of ended in tragedy. I am so thankful to be alive. I will be smiling and thanking God all day and the days and weeks to come.

Love the post...and the photo...speaks for itself...LOVE IT!!!!

Sue said...

What a blessing for me tonight, Thank you dear One!
Hugs,
Sue

Allison of A Farmgirl's View said...

Oh your post is so timely for me. Thank you! Love your cute picture too!
Blessings,
Allison

CreativeLee said...

..."this too shall pass"... :)

MyJourneyBack said...

Already filled with Joy in Jesus and smilinh
but you made me smile mote because you arr
Smiling! I Love you sweet sister. Have a greaFriday

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details