Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Am Being Squeezed~



Luke 6:35

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.


Good Morning Blog Friends~
Thank you for missing me~ I so enjoy your sweet emails. It has been crazy here at our home. We are trying to finish a bedroom and a bathroom before Hannah's wedding. We have family coming and I am so excited about that. The busyness of the wedding is in full swing. Showers have been set and it is time for the show to begin. This momma has a pit in her stomach~ I am just having the hardest time with another daughter moving so far away. I know God has grace for the time but I may need a little now. The tears just fall when I think about it.

This morning in my devotion I read that we are much like sponges. They all look alike until you squeeze them. Maybe one was used to clean up coke~ and when squeezed brown cola comes out. Maybe one was used to clean the bathroom~ so when squeezed Soft Scrub comes out. Maybe one is nice and clean with a nice waxy smell~ it was used to wax the hall floor.

We are like those sponges when it comes to our faith. When we are squeezed we see what is really inside.  We have a faith in God ~ we walk just right and we talk just right but when a crisis comes sometimes the ugly comes out.

When the pressures of life come and we feel ourselves being squeezed mentally, physically and spiritually~what comes out? Do we respond to that difficult person in anger~ or with patience and love?  When our buttons get pushed and pushed again~ do we spill out words that hurt because that person has hurt us more times than we care to count?  Or do we take a breathe and remember that hurt people~ hurt other people.

To be honest I have been in a long season of hard and difficult things in life. It has been a time I have needed to spend some time alone with me and God.

Just like the sponges ~we can only squeeze out what has been put inside. In filling our heart with God ~staying in the Word~ and spending alone time with God building our faith will we spill of a sweetness. We need to seek God with all our heart and His plan for our lives. So that when life puts the squeeze on us we will show the love of God spilling out. I am not there yet~ life has been putting the squeeze on me so hard I wonder if I can stand yet alone come out smelling like my Saviour.

Dear Father~
I want to be more than just talk~ I want to walk my talk. I want to be real and point others to the Saviour who has brought me such peace and comfort. I am just a sinner saved by grace~ I need you every minute~every step I take. Teach me to walk in grace so that when the pressures of life squeeze me ~ You come pouring from my life.


7 comments:

Brittany said...

Thank you for your message today. I needed it!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is what I really needed today. Thank you for sharing
It is so amazing how God can use other people to help us each day.
I so enjoy reading your blog - Thank you again
Selina

Patty said...

We are having revival at our church and this is one of the things that was talked about last night ~ when you get squeezed what comes out. As was pointed out, in times like this we see our real self. What we put in does produce what comes out. I suppose when we are under pressure God can more clearly show us what needs to be corrected in out life. May the peace of God reign in your heart today!

Allison of A Farmgirl's View said...

Oh Carrie, I am ALWAYS blessed by your posts. God is so good and directs me to read just the right things at just the right time. I'm so glad he led me here today.
Praying for you at this busy stressful time!
-Allison

Sherry Hefner said...

Love your blog post today....having adult children, I can sympathize with your situation. I read an illustration once about a glass of water sitting on a table. When the glass was bumped, the water spilled out. When we are bumped in life, the only thing that comes out is what we have put in. That thought has always stayed with me.
Blessings to you as you prepare your home and heart for a wonderful change...

The Whirling Dirvish said...

Mrs. Carrie - you hit the nail on the head today!! Thank you for this post!! Would you mind emailing me a few titles of the devotional books that you've really enjoyed? I'm trying to get on a better path with my daily faith walks and I'm having trouble finding a good devotional book for beginners.

Thank you and God Bless!

CreativeLee said...

Very good way to look at it - sponges for what comes out of it. I have certainly also been squeezed - and then dunked in some new lessons and experience - lately. Every time when I get to see some benefit of the hardship in my life, it is very encouraging to think that all the pain is not for nothing - not when it comes to the Lord. He always have greater plans that we don't know about yet. Very grateful for that.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details