Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Am Taking The Day Off~


Jamesport, Missouri


Psalm 26:3

King James Version (KJV)
 For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.



Good Morning Blog Friends~
Life seems so much like a marathon~ not a fifty yard dash. We run and run to get life done. But today I am taking the day off and headed to spend the day at a slower pace with my Amish friends. Each Tuesday they have an Auction where they auction flowers and produce~ I am so excited. As you all know it is my favorite thing to do. I tease my Brian each time I go that I may stay. And he always tell me to just let him know what his new address is. I think he would look terribly cute in suspenders and a black hat.


When I spend the day with these people who live life at a slower pace ~ it renews my spirit and reminds me to take our schedule down a notch or two. 


I get so busy that I forget to focus on the things of God~ the things that really matter in life. 


I am guilty of wasting precious emotional energy and priceless spiritual power on keeping the daily grind moving. At times I forget to stay focused on the things of God.


 We all know that we can't ignore life~ the beds must be made ~ the dishes washed~ the grass mowed. I am mearly reminding myself  that each step I take needs to be ordained by God and is an opportunity given by God for His purpose. 


Seems that I am not the only one.~( taken from the Daily Bread)

In data collected from over 20,000 Christians in 139 countries, The Obstacles to Growth Survey found that, on average, more than 40 percent of Christians around the world say they “often” or “always” rush from task to task. About 60 percent of Christians say that it’s “often” or “always” true that the busyness of life gets in the way of developing their relationship with God. It’s clear that busyness does distract us from our fellowship with Him.


Are you too busy rushing from task to task~ letting the busyness of live distract you from enjoying the sweet fellowship with God? 

Today is a new day and God's mercies are anew. Why not join me in slowing down the pace today and focusing on your day in light of God's plan and purpose for your life? Maybe even join me for lunch in Jamesport.

Now that seems like a plan~ have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

amen, it is a race, and we keep going and keeping our course, looking forward to the finish line and our father saying well done my child. hugs

Patty said...

Enjoy your day off!

momoflots said...

I so wish I could live where we could interact with the Amish community - to buy their milk and produce and meat. I would never go to the grocery store again hahaha. I got the opportunity to visit an Amish market in Penn. many years ago and to drive through some Amish towns. I was just entranced by the beauty of their farms etc. We live just a few minutes from farm cournty ourselves but there is something special about an Amish farm - and I think you got it when you talk about the slower pace of life. That slower pace is something that is truly lacking out here on the west coast!! Enjoy your lovely day off!!
Blessings,
Christine

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Where's my passport? I would love to join you for lunch Carrie! One day maybe we will. I would love to visit Amish country and you would be the best tour guide. It is so hard to find time to be alone with God and be still in the busyness of everyday life but I need to remember that He is still there with me waiting for me to talk to Him as I go about my daily tasks. I can pray for people and iron at the same time. Walk in the garden and talk to Jesus as I check out the work that needs to be done.
I hope you have a wonderful day out and come home refreshed with your arms full of produce!

Sandra said...

When we went through PA one time and spent the day around the Amish, I too felt much closer to God. I feel the same way when we go camping and just hike and spend our time out doors. I hope you enjoyed your day!

Tanya said...

Hi Carrie,
First off, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I'm so sorry I get get wishes off to you yesterday in time. I hope your day was special. Thinking of your Dad I know must be very hard. Those "firsts" now without him hit rawness for so many events.
What a wonderful day you must have had! I can't wait to hear about it and see what goodies you came home with. How precious of a day! S L O W I N G down is on my mind all the time. I try so hard all the time and just seem to get caught up in the craziness of day to day life. How inspiring for you I'm sure! Can you share???????
Have a wonderful Wednesday.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details