Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Merry Month of May~






April showers always bring May flowers in Missouri. Last night My Brian and I were driving through the countryside on our way to a little town close by to eat supper.  Missouri is at its finest in the spring and summer. I just love the green ~ green grass of home. The farmers have planted the crops and the little sprouts are all peeking out of the ground. The rows are perfectly planted and it looks much like a beautiful quilt.

I love the month of May.

On this day I entered into this world as Carrie Nation. My father and grandmother insisted that I be named after the woman who carried an ax and tore up the bars~ all while toting her Bible. (Kind- of wish I had the courage to do the same.) They had seen a magazine article with a picture of a bar that read~"All Nations Welcome But Carrie."  The establishment had spelled her name wrong for her name was actually spelled~ "Carry."  Kind -of glad about that mix up. I sort of like the old fashioned spelling better. 

For the past 35 years or so I woke up every May 5th to a phone call from my dad until this very morning. He would say~ "Hi Carrie Sue. It's just dad and I am calling to to wish you Happy Birthday." You just never how much the little things mean until they are no longer. I just never knew how much I would miss that phone call~ sure means the world to me now. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away~ Blessed be the name of the Lord. 

When I close my eyes I can still hear his voice wishing me Happy Birthday he would always say~" I didn't forget your birthday" and he never did.  One thing I know for sure ~ my birthday is being remembered in Heaven this year. 


14 comments:

Gone Country said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Losing a loved one is difficult but more so on special days. Take care and may God abundantly bless you on your special day!

Farming On Faith said...

Thank you ~ you have a blessed day too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Your dad would want you to enjoy today. He will be celebrating for you up in heaven. Just kick back & be the "QUEEN"for the day. See you in church tomorrow. Lisa

Barbara said...

Hugs and it will get easier, as time goes by. I love the Lilacs they are my all time favorite, we cannot grow them here in the South, but in Mi we had an abundance of them when I was growing up, I used them to fill my May baskets too, thanks for the reminders too. Hugs my friend.

Sherry Hefner said...

What a precious post! Praying your birthday will be extra special Carrie! Also, I love your profile photo....so beautiful!

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

This May feels more like June, will our weather ever return to normal? But those lilacs are lovely, enjoy this sweet Sunday!!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Carrie, hope your birthday was a nice one, and that your loved ones spoiled you rotten :) I do know this was a difficult one for you, and that you miss your Dad. Hugs! -Tammy

Monica @The Mennobrarian said...

The beginning of this post made me miss Missouri (haven't visited for years) but not nearly as much as you miss your dad. Just keep owning that beautiful name he gave you, Carrie. You were blessed to have him for as long as you did.

Farming On Faith said...

Thank you ~ I had a wonderful day.

Farming On Faith said...

Thank you for your sweet words~
Come pay us a visit!

Farming On Faith said...

Yes~ it was but God is faithful! Thank you for your sweet wishes!

I had a wonderful day.

Farming On Faith said...

Yes~ we have been terribly hot over the weekend but now it is cool again. We go back and forth.I am wondering if it will be this way all summer.

Have a wonderful day!

Farming On Faith said...

Thank you Sherry~ I had a wonderful day.

Farming On Faith said...

Oh my girls delivered May baskets when they were little~ sweet memories. WIsh I could send you some. I love lilacs~ one of my favorite.

It is good to hear form you again~ you are back. I need to pop over and pay you a visit!
Have a wonderful day!

My Friends~My Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Pages